- Professional Learning
The Washington State Fellows' Network is now accepting applications for the 2019–2020 school year. Apply here by May 24, 2019, to be considered.
What it is
The Fellows’ Network is a group of instructional leaders convened by the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) and the Association of Educational Service Districts (AESD) to support district and community implementation of state learning standards in mathematics, English Language Arts (ELA), and science, and the Early Learning Guidelines.
How it works
Working in the areas of English language arts, mathematics, science, and early learning, these teacher leaders aim for measurable growth for every student in every learning environment in Washington. Regional ESD Coordinators, in collaboration with OSPI content-area leadership, convene the Fellows four times a year to engage in shared learning. Fellows are committed to building content learning and instructional leadership with a focus on equity.
PSESD Fellows Responsibilities
- Lead with racial equity
- Experience, explore, and learn to facilitate research-based practices
- Expand content knowledge
- Deepen knowledge of adult learning
- Network with regional colleagues
- Contribute and collaborate in the statewide network
...resulting in measurable growth for every student in every learning environment in Washington State.
Commitments of a Fellow
- Complete a Fellow’s Action Plan with your administrator or principal
- Attend Fellow’s Convenings four times a year
- Reflect on your learning and the impact on students and colleagues
- Use the instructional leadership knowledge and skills you develop to widen the circle of learning
To be considered, you must apply by May 24, 2019. Visit the OSPI website for more information and to apply.