- Media Highlights
Congratulations to our PSESD's Superintendent, John Welch.
AESA Supports ESAs Nationwide
The Association of Educational Service Agencies (AESA) is a professional organization serving educational service agencies (ESAs) in 45 states; there are 553 agencies nationwide. AESA is in the position to reach well over 80% of the public school districts, over 83% of the private schools, over 80% certified teachers, and more than 80% non-certified school employees, and well over 80% public and private school students. Annual budgets for ESAs total approximately $15 billion. AESA’s membership is agency wide and includes all ESA employees and board members.
The Mission of AESA is to support and strengthen regional educational service agencies by:
- Advocate nationally to assure that ESAs and the association’s policy platform are represented in and influence education legislation and policy discussions and decisions.
- Provide professional growth opportunities for ESA leadership teams and their boards.
- Strengthen state ESA networks and individual agencies through technical assistance.
- Support external research studies along with member executed action research.
- Help member agencies form interest- and issue-based affinity groups. Capture and make accessible to members the knowledge that emerges from these groups.
- Support the establishment of ESAs and state ESA networks where they do not yet exist.
- Advance the marketing or branding of ESAs as an indispensable partner in the education system.
The Association is governed by an Executive Council, comprised of three representatives from each of four regions. Executive Council Members are AESA members, too. New Executive Council members are elected each fall. Serving on the Executive Council provides a great opportunity to influence and lead AESA.
More information can be found at the AESA website.