Puget Sound Educational Service District’s Science Specialists can work one or more days in your district to coordinate science curriculum and instruction efforts. Current and upcoming changes in state math and science standards, WASL assessments, and adoptions based on state curriculum recommendations will increase the amount and the focus of work that districts will be engaged in over the next several years. PSESD will meet with key district staff to determine ongoing science support needs. The science specialist is an employee of PSESD, contracted to the district for a specific number of days annually. An annual calendar is established upfront on either a one-day-per-week schedule (e.g., every Thursday) or other customized arrangement throughout the year.
- Professional development and coaching
- Instructional strategies and curriculum-specific training
- Coordination of curriculum, assessment, and instruction alignment work
- Development and management of systemic science interventions
- Customized science support based on district need