Puget Sound Educational Service District provides local, state and federal government relations support to 35 school districts in King, Pierce and Kitsap County. We convene the 35 superintendents to discuss timely policy issues, write and distribute position papers, liaise with local government officials, and communicate about how policy impacts our school districts.
2020-21 Federal Positions
- Digital Equity | Accessible Version, including funding to help connect millions of students to the internet at home so that they can continue their education in the 2020-21 school year.
- Strengthen the Childcare System | Accessible Version, including immediate financial relief to childcare providers and an equitable approach to providing financial assistance to those disproportionately impacted by the pandemic.
- Early Learning: Our Federal Focus 2020 | Accessible Version, including investments to recruit and retain educators of color, sustained funding for early learning, and increases in the income eligibility threshold for Early Head Start and Head Start.
- Postsecondary Readiness Federal Policy | Accessible Version, including measures to simplify the FAFSA process and increase support for equity-based scholarships, first-year support services and revised assessment and placement processes.
2021 State Positions
Our 2021 State Position Paper represents superintendents of the Puget Sound region, representing nearly 40% of students across Washington state. Our 2021 positions are in service of putting systems and structures in place to get students back in school for in-person learning, while mitigating risks. Positions include:
- Access to Learning
- Student & Staff Safety, Wellness & Health
- Stable Support
- Well-Equipped Staff
- School Facilities