School Safety Communications Repository
PSESD wants to make communicating school safety and student walk-out messages easier for our schools and districts. Below you will find a list of resources that you can use as a reference when creating your own messaging around school safety, gun violence and student walk-outs. We will continue to keep this page updated with new messaging and communications.
If your school or district has anything they would like to contribute to this list, please email Braxton Kellogg at email@example.com.
- Fairfax County School Board Passes Resolution on Gun Violence Prevention
- Bellevue School District Board School Safety Resolution
- Here’s How To Prevent The Next School Shooting, Experts Say – NPR
- ‘You Have to Redefine Normal’: Leading Schools in the Aftermath of a Shooting – Education Week
- Supporting Superintendents, Supporting Students: Resources for School and Gun Safety Discussions and Advocacy – AASA
- How Schools Have Successfully Prevented Violence – Education Week
Messages to Families
- A Message Regarding Student Walkouts – Edmonds School District
- Message To Families Regarding Nationwide Marches – Marysville Pilchuck HS
- Student Walkout Message to Families – Highline School District
Messages to School Administrators
- Resources will be added as we receive them – stay tuned!
Messages to School Staff
- NSBA Navigating School Walkouts Mass Protests
- Student Letter Walkouts – Highline Public Schools
- Parent Information on Student Walkouts- UPSD
- Superintendent Message on School Walkouts
- Joint Message from Bellingham Principals
- Reflections on Today – Message from Superintendent Greg Baker (Bellingham Public Schools)
- Best Practices and Useful Language
- NSBA Coersion, Conscience and the First Amendment
- Safety Communication Samples and Resources – Camas School District
- Safety Summit in the Eatonville School District and Student Led Actions
- Classroom Emergency Response Guide
Thank you to all of the schools and districts who have contributed to this list. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jessica de Barros – Executive Director of Communications, Government Relations & PR.