PSESD Social Media Use Statement
The social media sites represented on the Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) home page (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr and LinkedIn) are produced and maintained by PSESD Communications. Links to content or other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. PSESD is not responsible for the content of those external web sites.
While PSESD welcomes and encourages postings from the community, we reserve the right to block individual accounts and/or remove comments, links, photos or other content from the social media sites for any reason, including but not limited to, harassment and personal attacks, derogatory or defamatory comments, vulgarity and profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, off-topic posts, improper use of intellectual property or copyrighted material, or otherwise inappropriate content.
All comments and replies related to district business will be considered public records and subject to disclosure upon request.
Why we use social media:
- To build online awareness of the PSESD brand
- To build a sense of community among PSESD’s audiences
- To share information and resources among and outside PSESD audiences
- PSESD Communications personnel shall hold and maintain PSESD Social Media accounts.
- The Communications Manager or Executive Director will approve program or department social media accounts. Account information, including usernames and passwords, shall be registered with the PSESD Communications Team.
- Program or department social media accounts will display a PSESD logo provided by Communications Team.
- Information posted on social media shall conform to the policies and procedures of the department posting the information and PSESD Social Media Agency Social Media Policy.
- Social Media posts shall be relevant, timely and informative.
- PSESD Communication personnel shall be responsible for archiving social media posts.
- PSESD archives will not be visible to the public, but will be accessible for public document retention purposes.
- Communications personnel will maintain an electronic record or printout on a quarterly basis a record of the list of followers, messages and posts for purposes of public records retention.
- Communications personnel shall be responsive to those who communicate via social media comment, reply or direct message functions. Communication with followers will be timely and consistent with existing protocols.
This statement applies to all approved PSESD program or department social media accounts.
Director of Communications