LIVESCAN FINGERPRINTING SERVICES
PLEASE READ THE POP-UP BOX FOR INFORMATION ON ALTERNATIVE PRINTING OPTIONS AS WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING APPOINTMENTS AT THIS TIMEBeginning July 1, 2019 our fingerprinting fee will increase to $85.75.
- By appointment only
- We do not accept payments online as of yet
- The total of $85.75 is due upon services rendered.
- Acceptable forms of payment are credit or debit (no amex, cash, money orders or personal checks are accepted)
- This is LIVESCAN, we do not use ink to take prints
- If you have had issues with prints on LIVESCAN you should go to the Washington State Patrol in Olympia for ink prints.
- Washington State Patrol is the ONLY agency who will accept their own prints regardless of quality. Look on the OSPI website for more information about receiving cards in the mail for ink prints at Washington State Patrol
Fingerprinting is required of all individuals who have regular, unsupervised access to children, including those seeking certificates, and those employed in a certified or classified position.* PSESD provides fingerprinting services using digital technology. This creates high quality prints that are transmitted directly to the Washington State Patrol. After additional review by the FBI, fingerprint records are held by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) in Olympia. To be fingerprinted by PSESD, you will need:
- Picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Appropriate payment. Payment can be made in the form of Visa or MasterCard. We no longer accept cash, personal checks or money orders.
Livescan Fingerprinting Fees:
- Washington State Patrol Processing fee: $45.25
- PSESD Fingerprinting fee: $40.50
TOTAL FEE: $85.75 Use the tab on the left to make a reservation. For further questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you need to make an appointment sooner that the times we have available visit the OSPI Fingerprinting page for more info and fingerprinting locations. Please read these instructions before your appointment.
- Please go online and cancel your appointment immediately if you will not be able to make it. Please do this before making another one.
- If it’s less than 24 hours, please send a cancellation email to email@example.com
This will allow people on the waitlist to obtain their reservation. Please extend this courtesy to others if you cannot make the appointment you booked. Failure to do so can result in a penalty.
Fingerprinting of School Volunteers
Effective 10/20/2017, RCW 28A.400.303 was amended, permitting school districts and Educational Service Districts to perform federal background checks for any prospective volunteer who will have unsupervised access to children. Effective immediately, PSESD will begin taking appointments for all school volunteers.
Due to COVID-19, fingerprinting services are suspended at our Renton location until the fall of 2020.
Updated information will be posted about fingerprinting services at the end of August. Please do not try and schedule an appointment at the Renton location. The calendar will be reopened once we have an opening date confirmed. As of now, there is no appointment availability for the foreseeable future.
Other options for fingerprinting services:
- You can request to have fingerprint cards mailed to you. You should check to see if whatever police station you go to:
- Is open to the public
- Has fingerprinting "by appointment only"
- Is following new regulations for public entry at their location
- Accepts walk-ins – do not expect this to be the case
- OSPI fingerprinting resources
- Tumwater ESD has begun Fingerprinting Services by Appointment Only
- You will need to contact them directly to make an appointment if you prefer LIVESCAN printing
- Do not go expecting walk-ins to be accepted
- There are strict regulations for people entering the ESD
- Instructions will be sent with your confirmed appointment