LIVESCAN FINGERPRINTING SERVICES NOW OPEN!
***PLEASE NOTE: Fees for Fingerprinting/Background Check, will increase to $95 starting 8/1/2023***
Masks are optional.
Please carefully read through instructions below before scheduling your appointment.
- By appointment only Puget Sound Educational Service District (planyo.com)
- Address for Fingerprinting Services: PSESD 800 Oakesdale Ave SW Renton, WA 98057
- Please review our cancellation policy below before booking your appointment.
- When you arrive, please check in with the front desk. If you are early, please prepare to wait until your scheduled appointment time; we do fingerprinting every 15 minutes all day. Your patience is appreciated.
- In accordance with Public Health recommendations to minimize physical handling and sharing of objects, we require payment online in advance of your reservation.
- The total of $90.00 is due to confirm your reservation.
- Acceptable forms of payment are credit or debit (no AMEX, cash, money orders or personal checks are accepted).
- This is LIVESCAN, we do not use ink to take prints.
- If you have had issues with prints on LIVESCAN you should go to the Washington State Patrol in Olympia for ink prints.
- WSP 1-360-534-2000 Press Option #2 and then Option #2 again to make a reservation for ink prints.
- Washington State Patrol is the ONLY agency who will accept their own prints regardless of quality. Look on the OSPI website for more information about receiving cards in the mail for ink prints at Washington State Patrol.
Fingerprinting is required of all individuals who have regular, unsupervised access to children, including those seeking certificates, and those employed in a certified or classified position. * PSESD provides fingerprinting services using digital technology. This creates high quality prints that are transmitted directly to the Washington State Patrol. After additional review by the FBI, fingerprint records are held by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) in Olympia. To be fingerprinted by PSESD, you will need:
- Picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Appropriate payment. Payment can be made in the form of Visa or MasterCard. We no longer accept cash, personal checks or money orders.
Livescan Fingerprinting Fees:
Washington State Patrol/FBI/OSPI Processing fee: $45.25
PSESD Fingerprinting fee: $44.75
TOTAL FEE: $90.00
Fees for Fingerprinting/Background Check, will increase to $95 starting 8/1/2023
For further questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to make an appointment sooner than the times we have available, visit the OSPI Fingerprinting page for more info and fingerprinting locations. Please read these instructions before your appointment.
- If you need to reschedule you may do so by emailing email@example.com within 48 hours of your appointment. Please look ahead on the PLAYNO SCHEDULING CALENDAR and send a few available times you could make. This process should preserve any payments you have made if done at least 48 hours prior to your appointment time.
- If you can’t make it, and aren’t able to immediately reschedule, we ask that you email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your appointment at least 48 hours prior to your appointment time so that time slot will be available to others.
- $44.75 of your $90.00 payment is nonrefundable if you cancel less than 24 hours prior or do not show for your reservation; you will be refunded only the remaining $45.25.
- Email email@example.com if you have questions.
Fingerprinting of School Volunteers
Effective 10/20/2017, RCW 28A.400.303 was amended, permitting school districts and Educational Service Districts to perform federal background checks for any prospective volunteer who will have unsupervised access to children. Effective immediately, PSESD will begin taking appointments for all school volunteers.
- If you are feeling sick and/or have symptoms within 48 hours prior to your appointment, please notify fingerprinting staff to cancel or reschedule the appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Masks are optional within the building. PSESD staff will be using gloves during the appointment.
Other Options for Fingerprinting Services:
- Request from OSPI to have fingerprint cards mailed to you. You should check to see if whatever police station you go to:
- Is open to the public
- Has fingerprinting "by appointment only"
- Is following new regulations for public entry at their location
- Accepts walk-ins – do not expect this to be the case
- Fingerprinting Services | Ink Fingerprinting | Alliance 2020 (You will need to use the cards mailed by request to you from OSPI)
- Tumwater ESD has begun Fingerprinting Services by Appointment Only
- You will need to contact them directly to make an appointment if you prefer LIVESCAN printing
- Do not go expecting walk-ins to be accepted
- There are strict regulations for people entering the ESD
- Instructions will be sent with your confirmed appointment