LIVESCAN FINGERPRINTING SERVICES NOW OPEN!
Please carefully read through instructions below before scheduling your appointment. Our Fingerprinting fee will increase to $88.00 for all appointments booked for July 1, 2021 onward .
- By appointment only
- Appointments will be opening 7-10 days out, throughout summer
- Address for Fingerprinting Services PSESD 800 Oaksdale Ave SW Renton, WA 98057
- Entrance is on the backside of the building. All fingerprint clients will be staying in or near their car until notified by PSESD staff to enter through to the dedicated and marked BLUE FINGERPRINT SIGN doors by the parking spots.
- Text 1-253-778-7633 with your name and appointment time upon arrival and please wait in or near your car until you receive a reply text. Please do not call upon arrival, texts will be answered as soon as we can.
- Please review our cancelation policy below, before booking your appointment
- In accordance with Public health recommendations to minimize physical handling and sharing of objects, we require payment online in advance of your reservation.
- The total of $88.00 is due to confirm your reservation
- Acceptable forms of payment are credit or debit (no amex, cash, money orders or personal checks are accepted)
- This is LIVESCAN, we do not use ink to take prints
- If you have had issues with prints on LIVESCAN you should go to the Washington State Patrol in Olympia for ink prints.
- Washington State Patrol is the ONLY agency who will accept their own prints regardless of quality. Look on the OSPI website for more information about receiving cards in the mail for ink prints at Washington State Patrol
Fingerprinting is required of all individuals who have regular, unsupervised access to children, including those seeking certificates, and those employed in a certified or classified position.* PSESD provides fingerprinting services using digital technology. This creates high quality prints that are transmitted directly to the Washington State Patrol. After additional review by the FBI, fingerprint records are held by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) in Olympia. To be fingerprinted by PSESD, you will need:
- Picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Appropriate payment. Payment can be made in the form of Visa or MasterCard. We no longer accept cash, personal checks or money orders.
Livescan Fingerprinting Fees:
Washington State Patrol Processing fee: $45.25
PSESD Fingerprinting fee: $42.75
TOTAL FEE: $85.75 Use the tab on the left to make a reservation. For further questions email: email@example.com If you need to make an appointment sooner that the times we have available visit the OSPI Fingerprinting page for more info and fingerprinting locations. Please read these instructions before your appointment.
- If you’re unable to attend at your reserved time, you may use the link in your email to manage your reservation and attempt to reschedule online. This process should preserve any payments you have made if done at least 48 hours prior to your appointment time.
- If you can’t make it, and aren’t able to immediately reschedule, we ask that you use the provided links to cancel your appointment at least 48 hours prior to your appointment time, so that time slot will be available to others.
- $42.75 of your $88.00 payment is nonrefundable if you cancel less than 24 hours prior or do not show for your reservation, you will be refunded only the remaining $45.25.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need help cancelling your appointment
Fingerprinting of School Volunteers
Effective 10/20/2017, RCW 28A.400.303 was amended, permitting school districts and Educational Service Districts to perform federal background checks for any prospective volunteer who will have unsupervised access to children. Effective immediately, PSESD will begin taking appointments for all school volunteers.
- If you are feeling sick and or have symptoms within 48 hours prior to your appointment, please notified fingerprinting staff to cancel the appointment by emailing email@example.com.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door at arrival. Please be on time for your appointment, you will need to reschedule if you arrive more than 10 minutes late. Upon arrival, there two dedicated and marked parking spots for clients to use.
- Clients must text fingerprinting staff of their arrival at 253-778-7633.
- All fingerprint clients will be staying in or near their car until notified by PSESD staff to enter through to the dedicated and marked BLUE FINGERPRINT SIGN doors by the parking spots.
Masks are REQUIRED at all times within the building. PSESD staff will be using a partition and gloves during the appointment.
Other options for fingerprinting services:
- Request from OSPI to have fingerprint cards mailed to you. You should check to see if whatever police station you go to:
- Is open to the public
- Has fingerprinting "by appointment only"
- Is following new regulations for public entry at their location
- Accepts walk-ins – do not expect this to be the case
- Fingerprinting Services | Ink Fingerprinting | Alliance 2020 (You will need to use the cards mailed by request to you from OSPI)
- Tumwater ESD has begun Fingerprinting Services by Appointment Only
- You will need to contact them directly to make an appointment if you prefer LIVESCAN printing
- Do not go expecting walk-ins to be accepted
- There are strict regulations for people entering the ESD
- Instructions will be sent with your confirmed appointment