Submit a Clock Hour Proposal for an Online Class
Clock Hour Services provides transcripts, evaluations, evaluation summaries, official Washington state educator clock hour documentation for individuals, as well as guidance and instructions to assist class sponsors to offer clock hours. After an online class has been approved for clock hours, an email will be sent to the contact who submitted the proposal containing instructions and information to administer clock hours for the class. Please allow 10 full working days for approval (30 days for conferences – online trainings with concurrent/breakout sessions).
PLEASE NOTE: Puget Sound ESD has instituted a clock hour proposal submission fee. The fee applies to training providers submitting clock hour proposals through pdEnroller who are not K-12 schools. The fee is $100.00 per occurrence of each training. There are many proposals which never have clock hours claimed. This fee helps to cover the cost of the time and effort that goes into processing, reviewing and approving the proposal. Click here for the proposal submission fee agreement and instructions. Please be advised the signed completed agreement is REQUIRED to be received by firstname.lastname@example.org upon submission of each proposal.
- A complete clock hour proposal must be received by PSESD using pdEnroller a minimum of 10 full working days prior to the first day of the class. If your online training has breakout/concurrent sessions, you will need to use the clock hour proposal submitting instructions for a conference found here, and submit the proposal a minimum of 30 days prior to the event.
- Classes approved for clock hours must be a minimum of 1 hour. They may be held over a series of days. For example: A ten clock hour class may be 10 one-hour sessions or 5 two-hour sessions, or 4 two and one-half hour sessions, etc. Meal times and breaks cannot be included when calculating the number of clock hours requested.
- A complete proposal must be received for repeated classes regardless of the class being approved in the past.
- All acronyms used in the proposal are required to be defined.
- Clock hours are offered in half-hour increments. For example, a class lasting 3 hours and 45 minutes is eligible for 3 hours and 30 minutes of clock hours.
- Approval cannot be granted for staff meetings.
- Each class approved for clock hours is evaluated by clock hour attendees using the pdEnroller online clock hour evaluation.
- Clock hour fees are paid by attendees registering for clock hours and are $3.00 per clock hour, $15.00 minimum fee, per person, per class.
- Class sponsors requesting clock hour approval will be responsible for administering clock hours.
- PSESD reserves the right to have a representative from Puget Sound ESD attend any class receiving clock hour approval from this agency. The representative shall attend free of all fees and charges related to the class.
- After an online class is approved for clock hours, instructions to administer clock hours will be emailed to the contact who submitted the proposal. That contact is responsible for providing attendees with an electronic certificate of class completion, OR uploading the attendance roster/completed sign in sheet immediately after the class concludes. If you are using a certificate of completion for attendance verification, the certificate must indicate the attendee name, the class title, number of hours they are eligible to claim and the date the attendee completed the class.
- Puget Sound ESD no longer accepts clock hour proposals in hard copy (paper) form. See instructions below to complete and submit a clock hour proposal at: https://www.pdenroller.org/Clockhours/proposals/psesd
- Email email@example.com with questions.
Submit a Clock Hour Proposal in pdEnroller
1. Begin Here
If you see a box indicating, “No committee selected,” you have not gone to the above link.
2. New Clock Hour Proposal
Click the radio button to select, ‘PSESD Clock Hour Committee – A PRE-SCREENING PSESD.’ Click “Create New Proposal” or “Repeat Past Proposal” to submit a proposal to Puget Sound ESD. To use “Repeat Past Proposal,” you need the previous clock hour class number (SE_ _ _ _) from an event previously approved using pdEnroller. After logging in, you will find your previously approved clock hours at: pdEnroller.org/clockhours/proposals/approved A complete proposal must be submitted for each class, and for each subsequent offering of the same class.
3. Title and Subtitle
Enter the title then click “Save & Continue.” *required fields
4. Description and Documented Need
Enter your class description. Use the editing tools to format your description. Click the ? icon to learn more about the editing tools. Use the optional “Documented Need” box to indicate the professional goals or needs your class meets. Click the green “Save” button at the bottom of the screen when you have completed this page.
Note the tabs across the top of the webpage. Work through these tabs in any order. Click “Save” before moving to another tab. After completing the proposal, click “Preview” to determine if anything is missing.
Calculate the minimum number of hours attendees are engaged in active learning during the class and indicate in, “Number of clock hours requesting.” Break(s) and meal time(s) are not eligible for clock hours. SU, SPU and STARS fields are for advertising/informational purposes only.
Click on ‘Edit Objectives’ to add at least three learning objectives to be shared with participants during the class (what attendees will learn and/or be able to do as a result of this class).
To add more than three objectives, click the “+Add Objective” at the bottom of the dialog box. Click “Save” when you are finished.
7. STEM, Equity, Educational Leadership & SEL Clock Hours
IF you are applying for STEM, Equity, Educational Leadership and/or Social Emotional Learning clock hours, complete the respective form shown under the Hours/Objectives tab. Click “Save” at the bottom of the screen when you have completed this page.
Primary Location: Select ‘Online Only.’
Sessions: Click ‘Add Online Session’. Indicate the dates you are applying for the class to be available for clock hours. Puget Sound ESD must receive a complete proposal a minimum of 10 full working days prior to the first day of the class to be eligible for clock hours. Dates inside the 10 full working day deadline are not eligible for approval. If your event has breakout/concurrent sessions, you will need to use the clock hour proposal submitting instructions for a conference found here, and submit the proposal a minimum of 30 days prior to the event. Click “Save” after entering each session. Repeat this step to add additional dates/times to your class.
A clock hour proposal must be received each time the class is offered regardless of the class being approved in the past.
The approval for asynchronous online classes expires August 31 of each year. The class sponsor is responsible for reapplying for approval of their class for clock hours to continue the following school year (Sept 1 through August 31).
The Start Date is the first date the class is eligible for clock hours (must be at least 10 full working days after a complete proposal is received).
The End Date for asynchronous events is August 31 of the school year the class is approved in. The end date for synchronous classes is the final class date.
When you have added all sessions, click “Save”.
An agenda is required to propose clock hours. When you have entered or uploaded the agenda, click “Save”.
ALL presenters are required to be added to the proposal. A bio/resume must show detailed academic/professional experience which specifically qualifies the presenter to conduct this event. Click “+ Add Presenter”. Start typing the presenter's first name, then last name. If that person has an account, their name will appear on the left. Click on the name from the list on the left. Repeat for additional presenters. If the presenter's name does not appear, click "+ Create New" and create an account for the presenter. If you add a presenter in error, click on the presenter's name (a link), scroll down and click on "Remove From Proposal" on the bottom right.
11. Online Class Requirements
Select the correct radio button under ‘Online Course Type’ for synchronous or asynchronous class. If you have questions regarding these types of classes, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you submit the proposal. Complete the participation text box.
In the attendance verification text box, indicate if you will be uploading an attendance roster, OR if you will provide attendees with an electronic certificate of completion at the conclusion of their participation. If you indicate verification of attendance is via attendee certificates of completion, the attendee will be required to upload the certificate of completion when claiming clock hours for this event. Certificates of completion must include the attendee full name, the number of instructional hours completed, the title of the training and the date that attendee completed the training. Certificates of completion CANNOT indicate 'clock hours' on them.
Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the screen.
If you are entering clock hours for someone else, enter their name as the “Administrator Contact.” If you are the person requesting clock hours, complete your contact information as the “Administrator Contact.” The person logged in will automatically be filled in under “Your Contact Info,” but you can edit this info. Please note: all messages regarding this proposal and administering clock hours at the class will be sent to the email address provided in “Your Contact Info.” Click the green “Save” box when you have completed this page.
13. Preview Clock Hour Proposal
After you have completed the proposal, click the “Preview” tab to preview your proposal. The “Preview” tab is where you will be alerted if any information is missing. To edit proposal, click on “Proposal Drafts” at the bottom of the “Validation Checklist.”
14. Validation Checklist & Submit for Approval
Once the validation checklist is complete, the “Submit for Approval” button is active. Click to submit your clock hour proposal for approval. If you do not click the "Submit for Approval," the proposal is NOT eligible for clock hours.