Submit a clock hour proposal for a face to face event WITHOUT concurrent/breakout sessions
Clock Hour Services provides transcripts, evaluations, evaluation summaries, official Washington state educator clock hour documentation for individuals, as well as guidance and instructions to assist event sponsors to offer clock hours. After an event has been approved for clock hours, an email will be sent to the contact who submitted the proposal containing instructions and information to administer clock hours at the event. Please allow 10 full working days for approval.
If your event HAS concurrent/breakout sessions (some conferences), go to: Submit a Proposal for a Conference. Instructions to propose clock hours for events WITHOUT concurrent or breakout sessions (attendees will be together during the event) are below.
- A complete clock hour proposal must be received by PSESD using pdEnroller a minimum of 10 full working days prior to the first day of the event.
- Events approved for clock hours must be a minimum of 3 hours. They may be held over a series of days. For example: Ten clock hours may be approved for 10 one-hour sessions, or 5 two-hour sessions, or 4 two and one-half hour sessions, etc. Meal times and breaks cannot be included when calculating the number of clock hours requested.
- A complete proposal must be received for repeated events regardless of the event being approved in the past.
- Clock hours are offered in half-hour increments. For example, an event lasting 3 hours and 45 minutes is eligible for 3 1/2 clock hours.
- Approval cannot be granted for routine staff meetings.
- Each event approved for clock hours is evaluated by clock hour attendees using the pdEnroller online clock hour evaluation.
- Clock hour fees are paid by attendees registering for clock hours and are $3.00 per clock hour, $15.00 minimum fee, per person, per event.
- Event sponsors requesting clock hour approval will be responsible for administering clock hours.
- PSESD reserves the right to have a representative from Puget Sound ESD attend any event receiving clock hour approval from this agency. The representative shall attend free of all fees and charges related to the event.
- Puget Sound ESD no longer accepts clock hour proposals in hard copy (paper) form. See instructions below to complete and submit a clock hour proposal at: https://pdenroller.org/Clockhours/proposals/psesd
- Email email@example.com with questions.
Submit a Clock Hour Proposal in pdEnroller
Go to https://pdenroller.org/welcome and follow the onboarding process. Log in and go to https://pdenroller.org/ClockHours/proposals/psesd
New Clock Hour Proposal
Click the radio button to select, ‘PSESD Clock Hour Committee – A PRE-SCREENING PSESD.’ Click “Create New Proposal” or “Repeat Past Proposal” to submit a proposal to Puget Sound ESD. To use “Repeat Past Proposal,” you need the previous clock hour class number (SE_ _ _ _) from an event previously approved using pdEnroller. After logging in, you will find your previously approved clock hours at: pdEnroller.org/clockhours/proposals/approved A complete proposal must be submitted for each event, and for each subsequent offering of the same event
Title and Subtitle
Enter the conference title then click “Save & Continue.” *required fields
Description and Documented Need
Enter your event description. Use the editing tools to format your description. Click the ? icon to learn more about the editing tools. Use the optional “Documented Need” text box to indicate the professional goals or needs your event meets. Click the green “Save” box in the lower left when you have completed this page..
Note the tabs across the top of the webpage. Work through these tabs in any order . Click “Save” before moving to another tab. After completing the proposal, click “Preview” to determine if anything is missing.
Under Hours/Objectives, enter the number of clock hours you are requesting. Break(s) and meal time(s) are not eligible for clock hours. SU, SPU and STARS fields are for advertising/informational purposes only. Click “Edit Objectives” and enter three or more objectives to your proposal (what attendees will learn and/or be able to do as a result of this event).
To add more than three objectives, click the “+Add Objective” at the bottom of the dialog box. Click “Save” when you are finished
STEM or TPEP
IF you are applying for STEM or TPEP clock hours, complete the respective form shown under the Hours/Objectives tab. Click “Save” at the bottom lower left of the screen when you have completed this page.
Use the drop-down menu labeled “Primary Location” to choose the location of your event. When you select a location, the address auto-fills. If your location isn’t listed, select “PSESD Region” or “Other” and complete the details.
Puget Sound ESD must receive a complete proposal a minimum of 10 full working days prior to the firstday of the event to be eligible for clock hours. Event dates inside the 10 full working day deadline are not eligible for clock hour approval. Click “Add On-Site Session” to add event dates and times. If applicable, click on “Add Online Session” to add online instruction dates and times to your proposal. Click “Save” after entering each session. Repeat this step to add additional dates/times to your event. When you have added all sessions, click “Save”.
Click on ‘Add Agenda’ and upload the (one) document containing the conference agenda showing session dates and times, a short description of every session including presenter, date(s) and time(s) each sessions occurs and a list containing all presenters, their titles and employers. When you have uploaded the document, click “save in the lower left. More than one document cannot be uploaded to your proposal.
Click “+ Add Presenter”. Start typing the first name then last name of the conference coordinator. If the person has an account, their name will appear on the left. Click on the name from the list on the left. If the coordinator’s name does not appear, click “+ Create New” and create an account for the conference coordinator. In the ‘Professional Experience’ text box indicate, “This person is the coordinator for this conference.” If you add a coordinator/presenter name in error, click on the persons name (a link), scroll down and click on “Remove From Proposal” on the bottom right.
Online Class Requirements
Leave blank for in-person/face to face events. Complete this section if your event (or part of your event) includes online instruction.
Select the correct radio button under ‘Online Course Type’ for synchronous or asynchronous class. If you have questions regarding these types of classes, email Jane Robb-Linse, Puget Sound ESD Director of K12 Programs, for clarification at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the participation and the verification of hours text boxes. Click ‘Save’ at the bottom center of the webpage.
If you are entering clock hours for someone else, enter their name as the “Administrator Contact.” If you are the person requesting clock hours, complete your contact information as the “Administrator Contact.” The person logged in will automatically be filled in under “Your Contact Info,” but you can edit this info. Please note: all messages regarding this proposal and administering clock hours at the event will be sent to the email address provided in “Your Contact Info.” Click the green “Save” box when you have completed this page.
Preview Clock Hour Proposal
After you have completed the proposal, click the “Preview” tab to preview your proposal. The “Preview” tab is where you will be alerted if any information is missing. To edit proposal, click on “Proposal Drafts” at the bottom of the “Validation Checklist.”
Validation Checklist & Submit for Approval
Once the validation checklist is complete, the “Submit for Approval” button is active. Click to submit your clock hour proposal for approval.