Submit a clock hour proposal for a conference WITH concurrent/breakout sessions
Clock Hour Services provides transcripts, evaluations, evaluation summaries, official Washington state educator clock hour documentation for individuals, as well as guidance and instructions to assist conference sponsors to offer clock hours. After a conference has been approved for clock hours, an email will be sent, to the contact who submitted the proposal, containing instructions and information to administer clock hours at the conference. Please allow 30 days for conference approval.
Instructions to propose clock hours for a conference (an event WITH concurrent/breakout sessions) are below. If your event does NOT have concurrent/breakout sessions (attendees will be together during the event) go to the following link to propose clock hours: Submit a Proposal for a Face to Face Event)
- A complete clock hour proposal must be received by PSESD using pdEnroller a minimum of 30 days prior to the first day of the conference.
- Prepare electronically in ONE document (to later upload into your proposal):
- Conference agenda showing session dates and times
- A short description of every session including presenter, date(s) and time(s) each session occurs
- A list containing all presenters, their title and employer
- Conferences approved for clock hours must be a minimum of 1 hour. Meal times and breaks cannot be included in calculating the number of clock hours requested.
- Clock hours are offered in half hour increments. For example: A conference lasting 3 hours and 45 minutes is eligible for 3 1/2 clock hours.
- Approval cannot be granted for routine staff meetings.
- All acronyms used to complete the clock hour proposal are required to be defined.
- Each conference approved for clock hours is evaluated by clock hour attendees using the pdEnroller online evaluation.
- The sponsor/organization requesting clock hour approval is responsible for administering clock hours at the conference.
- A complete proposal must be received for each conference, regardless of the conference being approved in the past.
- Clock hour fees are paid by attendees registering for clock hours, and are $3.00 per clock hour, $15.00 minimum fee per person.
- Online Instruction: Proposals for online instruction are treated differently than face to face events. Click here for online class proposal instructions.
- Puget Sound ESD reserves the right to have a representative from Puget Sound ESD attend any event which has received clock hour approval from this agency. The representative shall attend free of all fees and charges related to the event.
- Puget Sound ESD no longer accepts clock hour proposals in hard copy (paper) form. See instructions below to complete and submit a clock hour proposal at: https://www.pdenroller.org/Clockhours/proposals/psesd
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Submit a Clock Hour Proposal in pdEnroller
1. Begin Here
Go to https://www.pdenroller.org/welcome and follow the onboarding process. Log in and go to https://www.pdenroller.org/ClockHours/proposals/psesd
If you see a box indicating, “No committee selected,” you have not gone to the above link
2. New Clock Hour Proposal
Click the radio button to select, ‘PSESD Clock Hour Committee – A PRE-SCREENING PSESD.’ Click “Create New Proposal” or “Repeat Past Proposal” to submit a proposal to Puget Sound ESD. To use “Repeat Past Proposal,” you need the previous clock hour class number (SE_ _ _ _) from an event previously approved using pdEnroller. After logging in, you will find your previously approved clock hours at: pdEnroller.org/clockhours/proposals/approved A complete proposal must be submitted for each event, and for each subsequent offering of the same event
3. Title and Subtitle
Enter the conference title then click “Save & Continue.” *required fields
4. Description and Documented Need
Enter your conference description. Use the editing tools to format your description. Click the ? icon to learn more about the editing tools. Use the optional “Documented Need” box to indicate the professional goals or needs your conference meets. Click the green “Save” text box in the lower left when you have completed this page.
Note the tabs across the top of the webpage. Work through these tabs in any order. Click “Save” before moving to another tab. After completing the proposal, click “Preview” to determine if anything is missing.
Under Hours/Objectives, enter the number of clock hours you are requesting. Break(s) and meal time(s) are not eligible for clock hours. SU, SPU and STARS fields are for advertising/informational purposes only. Click “Edit Objectives” and enter three or more objectives to your proposal (what attendees will learn and/or be able to do as a result of this conference).
To add more than three objectives, click the “+Add Objective” at the bottom of the dialog box. Click “Save” when you are finished
7. STEM or TPEP
IF you are applying for STEM or TPEP clock hours, complete the respective form shown under the Hours/Objectives tab. Click “Save” at the bottom lower left of the screen when you have completed this page.
Use the drop-down menu labeled “Primary Location” to choose the location of your conference. When you select a location, the address auto-fills. If your location isn’t listed, select “PSESD Region” or “Other” and complete the details.
9. Adding Sessions
Puget Sound ESD must receive a complete conference proposal a minimum of 30 days days prior to the first day of the conference to be eligible for clock hours. Conference dates inside the 30 day deadline are not eligible for clock hour approval. Click “Add On-Site Session” to add conference dates and times. If applicable, click on “Add Online Session” to add online instruction dates and times to your proposal. Click “Save” after entering each session. Repeat this step to add additional dates/times to your conference. When you have added all sessions, click “Save”.
Click on ‘Add Agenda’ and upload the (one) document containing the conference agenda showing session dates and times, a short description of every session including presenter, date(s) and time(s) each sessions occurs and a list containing all presenters, their titles and employers. When you have uploaded the document, click “save in the lower left. More than one document cannot be uploaded to your proposal.
Click “+ Add Presenter”. Start typing the first name then last name of the conference coordinator. If the person has an account, their name will appear on the left. Click on the name from the list on the left. If the coordinator’s name does not appear, click “+ Create New” and create an account for the conference coordinator. In the ‘Professional Experience’ text box indicate, “This person is the coordinator for this conference.” If you add a coordinator/presenter name in error, click on the persons name (a link), scroll down and click on “Remove From Proposal” on the bottom right.
12. Online Class Requirements
Leave blank for in-person/face to face events. Complete this tab, and the participation and verification of hours text boxes, if you event (or part of your event) includes online instruction. Click ‘Save’ at the bottom center of the webpage.
If you are entering clock hours for someone else, enter their name as the “Administrator Contact.” If you are the person requesting clock hours, complete your contact information as the “Administrator Contact.” The person logged in will automatically be filled in under “Your Contact Info,” but you can edit this info. Please note: all messages regarding this proposal and administering clock hours at the conference will be sent to the email address provided in “Your Contact Info.” Click the green “Save” box when you have completed this page.
14. Preview Clock Hour Proposal
After you have completed the proposal, click the “Preview” tab to preview your proposal. The “Preview” tab is where you will be alerted if any information is missing. To edit proposal, click on “Proposal Drafts” at the bottom of the “Validation Checklist.”
15. Validation Checklist & Submit for Approval
Once the validation checklist is complete, the “Submit for Approval” button is active. Click to submit your clock hour proposal for approval. If you do not click the "Submit for Approval," the proposal is NOT eligible for clock hours.