ASCD Online Classes
ASCD PD Online Courses are self-paced, web-based, media-rich learning experiences that help users deepen their understanding of today’s most important education topics. Each course includes video content, readings, an auto-graded post-assessment, downloadable applications, and reflections. No special software is needed. For technical requirements and FAQs, visit https://pdo.ascd.org/FAQ.aspx.
Puget Sound ESD has partnered with ASCD to offer some of their classes for PSESD clock hours and Seattle University credit. These classes run from September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020. Individuals must register prior to August 25, 2020 and finish their class by August 31, 2020, to receive clock hours or SU credit. Each online class has a course fee of $170.
Clock hours and college credit:
All of these classes qualify for twenty clock hours ($60) or two Seattle University credits ($100). The SU credit is for Credit/No Credit only (no grade), but the Credit is equivalent to a grade of “B”. It is required that you register for your class through Puget Sound ESD in order to request PSESD clock hours or SU credit.
After you complete your online course, you are able to print a certificate of completion (or save it as a PDF), which you are required to submit with your request for clock hours or Seattle University materials. Instructions for requesting clock hours and SU credit are included in your registration confirmation email. If you do not see your registration confirmation email, check your Junk folder. It contains very important instructions for beginning your class and requesting clock hours or college credit upon completion of your class.
To receive a refund for a class, your cancellation request must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of your registration confirmation. Refunds are valid ONLY if the participant has not started the course. All refunds are subject to a 10% handling fee.
Below is a list of the current ASCD classes offered by Puget Sound ESD for clock hours or Seattle University credit. You can read full course descriptions, view course syllabi, and
Registration for the 2019-2020 classes will be open September 1, 2019.
- An Introduction to Teaching English Language Learners
- An Introduction to the Whole Child
- Assessing Language Ability in Young Adults and Adults
- Assessment and Student Success in a Differentiated Classroom
- Blended Learning: An Introduction
- Building Teachers’ Capacity for Success: Instructional Coaching Essentials
- Bullying: Taking Charge, 2nd Ed (New!)
- Classroom Management: Building Effective Relationships, 2nd Ed
- Classroom Management: Managing Challenging Behavior, 2nd Ed
- Classroom Management: Understanding Diverse Learning Needs, 2nd Ed
- Common Core and Literacy Strategies: English Language Arts, 2nd Ed
- Common Core and Literacy Strategies: Mathematics, 2nd Ed (New!)
- Common Core and Mathematics: Grades K–5
- Common Core and Mathematics: Grades 6-8
- Common Core and Mathematics: Grades 9-12
- Content-Based Instruction for English Language Learners, 2nd Ed
- Developing Grammar Skills in English Language Learners
- Differentiated Instruction: Creating an Environment that Supports Learning
- Differentiated Instruction: Leading and Managing a Differentiated Classroom
- Differentiated Instruction: Teaching with Student Differences in Mind
- Differentiated Instruction: The Curriculum Connection
- Differentiated Instruction: Using Ongoing Assessment to Inform Instruction
- Embracing Diversity: Effective Teaching, 2nd Ed
- Embracing Diversity: Global Education, 2nd Ed
- Embracing Diversity: Managing Diverse Schools and Classrooms, 2nd Ed
- Engaging Students in Math Practices (New!)
- English Language Learners and the Common Core State Standards
- Formative Assessment and the Common Core State Standards: Mathematics
- Formative Assessment: Deepening Understanding
- Fostering Resilient Learners (New!)
- From Vision to Action
- Leading Professional Learning: Building Capacity Through Teacher Leaders
- Parents as Partners in Schooling, 2nd Ed
- Project-Based Learning: An Answer to the Common Core Challenge
- Questioning for Classroom Discussion: Grades 6–12 (New!)
- Response to Intervention: An Introduction
- Sparking Student Creativity: Practical Applications and Strategies
- STEM for All (20 STEM clock hours)
- Teaching with Poverty in Mind
- The Art and Science of Teaching
- The Brain: Developing Lifelong Learning Habits, 2nd Ed
- The Brain: Memory & Learning Strategies, 2nd Ed
- The Common Core Standards and the Understanding by Design® Framework: Mathematics (New!)
- The Next Generation Science Standards: An Introduction (20 STEM clock hours)
- Understanding Student Motivation, 2nd Ed (New!)
Email PSESD Registration or call (425) 917-7930 with any questions.