ASCD Online Classes
ASCD PD Online Courses are self-paced, web-based, media-rich learning experiences that help users deepen their understanding of today’s most important education topics. Each course includes video content, readings, an auto-graded post-assessment, downloadable applications, and reflections. No special software is needed. For technical requirements and FAQs, visit ASCD FAQ page.
Puget Sound ESD has partnered with ASCD to offer some of these online classes for PSESD clock hours and Seattle University credit. You can register anytime between September 1, 2022 and August 25, 2023, but your course must be completed by August 31, 2023 to receive clock hours or SU credit. Each online class has a course registration fee of $175.
Below is a list of the current ASCD classes offered by Puget Sound ESD for clock hours or Seattle University credit.
Click the class link below to register!
Registration for 2022-2023 classes opens on 9/1/2022.
- Achievement Gaps: The Path to Equity (20 Equity clock hours)
- An Introduction to Teaching English Language Learners
- Assessment and Student Success in a Differentiated Classroom
- Assessment: Designing Performance Assessments
- Blended Learning: An Introduction
- Building Teachers’ Capacity for Success: Instructional Coaching Essentials
- Bullying: Taking Charge, 2nd Ed
- Classroom Management: Building Effective Relationships, 2nd Ed
- Classroom Management: Managing Challenging Behavior, 2nd Ed
- Classroom Management: Understanding Diverse Learning Needs, 2nd Ed (20 Equity clock hours)
- Common Core and Mathematics: Grades K–5
- Conflict Resolution: An Introduction
- Content-Based Instruction for English Language Learners, 2nd Ed
- Designing Assessments for Higher-Order Thinking
- Developing Grammar Skills in English Language Learners
- Differentiated Instruction: An Introduction, 2nd Ed
- Differentiated Instruction: Creating an Environment that Supports Learning
- Differentiated Instruction: Leading and Managing a Differentiated Classroom
- Differentiated Instruction: Teaching with Student Differences in Mind
- Differentiated Instruction: The Curriculum Connection
- Differentiated Instruction: Using Ongoing Assessment to Inform Instruction
- Embracing Diversity: A Look in the Mirror (20 Equity clock hours)
- Embracing Diversity: Effective Teaching, 2nd Ed (20 Equity clock hours)
- Embracing Diversity: Global Education, 2nd Ed (20 Equity clock hours)
- Embracing Diversity: Managing Diverse Schools and Classrooms, 2nd Ed (20 Equity clock hours)
- Engaging Students in Math Practices
- English Language Learners in the Mainstream
- Formative Assessment: Deepening Understanding
- Fostering Resilient Learners
- Leading Professional Learning: Building Capacity Through Teacher Leaders
- Multiple Intelligences: Designing a Classroom Environment
- Multiple Intelligences: Strengthening Your Teaching, 2nd Ed
- Parents as Partners in Schooling, 2nd Ed
- Project-Based Learning: An Answer to the Common Core Challenge
- Questioning for Classroom Discussion: Grades 6–12
- Response to Intervention: An Introduction
- Sparking Student Creativity: Practical Applications and Strategies
- STEM for All (20 STEM clock hours)
- Teaching with Poverty in Mind
- The Art and Science of Teaching
- The Brain: Developing Lifelong Learning Habits, 2nd Ed
- The Brain: Memory & Learning Strategies, 2nd Ed
- The Next Generation Science Standards: An Introduction (20 STEM clock hours)
- Total Participation Techniques
- Understanding by Design: An Introduction, 2nd Ed
- Understanding Student Motivation, 2nd Ed
- Where Great Teaching Begins: Designing Student Learning Objectives for Effective Instruction
SYLLABI for these ASCD online classes may be found here: ASCD Class Syllabi
Clock hours and college credit:
Upon completion of your online course, you are able to print a certificate of completion or save it as a PDF. You must submit this certificate with your request for clock hours or SU credit. Instructions for requesting clock hours and SU credit are included in your registration confirmation email. If you do not see your registration confirmation email, please check your Junk folder. It contains very important instructions for beginning your class.
To receive a refund for a class, your cancellation request must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of your registration confirmation. Refunds are valid ONLY if the participant has not started the course. All refunds are subject to a 10% handling fee.
Email PSESD Registration or call 425-917-7930 with any questions.