- Government Relations
This fall, visits to the region’s Congressional delegation in Washington, D.C. will look a little bit different. Board members and staff will be meeting with the region’s Congressional delegation virtually to share information on PSESD’s federal policy positions. Our positions include:
- Digital Equity, policy and investment to provide internet access at home so that students can continue their education in the 2021-22 school year and beyond.
- Early Learning and Care, support to recruit and retain educators of color, sustained funding for early learning, and increases in the income eligibility threshold for Early Head Start and Head Start.
- Postsecondary Readiness, increasing support for high school and college advising, investing in equity-based scholarships to remove college completion barriers, revised assessment and placement processes and continued simplification of FASFA.
- Educator Diversity, support to recruit and retain educators of color in our K-12 classrooms, professional development for all educators and staff in the areas of equity, cultural competency, and dismantling institutional racism.
- Mental Health & Antiracist Social, Emotional Learning, support to implement trauma-informed school policies and practice, increased mental health and counseling supports for students, identification of best practices on how states and districts can utilize positive behavior supports, support to implement restorative justice practices that support students process, learning and growth.