Internal PSESD Employee Candidates Only
Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) seeks an internal employee to fulfill the Transportation Technician position supporting PSESD’s pupil transportation program by planning of safe and efficient transportation for all ESD transportation programs, coordinate routes and schedules, establish safe bus routes and stops, dispatch bus and van drivers and provide training on school bus and van driving and safety, etc.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Experience in K-12 bus transportation program, including routing and dispatching
- Washington State Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Class B Endorsement and OSPI Type 1 Driver Authorization
- OSPI School Bus Driver Trainer Certification (required within 2 years of hire date)
- Experience working with children ages birth to 5 years of age
- Experience working with children and families who are homeless, low-income and/or victims of domestic violence
- Possesses Pupil Transportation Management Program Certificate
A current Driving Abstract is required as part of a complete application
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,594 - $66,384 (Salary Band C)
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays (*12 days beginning in the 2021/2022 program year)
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Tuesday, July 27, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Monday, August 2, 2021 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for this specific open position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Tuesday, July 27th.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers