- Head Start
- School Schedule
- White Center
Puget Sound Educational School District seeks a highly qualified lead teacher to join our team of educators and work in a strong collaborative partnership with other Lead teachers, family support staff, and mentor teacher in a classroom at the Eli Creekmore Head Start program. The Eli Creekmore Head Start program seeks to engage a diverse population of staff, students, and families to build and maintain a collaborative and multilingual community. The teaching team will strive to ensure children feel rooted in their individual identities and will continue to grow and expand our inclusive learning environment to work for equity within the school and community.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- AA Degree or higher in ECE (Early Childhood Education) with experience teaching preschool age children or current WA State Teaching Certificate with Endorsement in ECE or ECSE with experience teaching preschool children in an early childhood setting. (Equivalency=AA or higher in a related field with 20 credits in ECE and 1 school year experience in a preschool classroom).
- Current WA State Teaching Certificate with endorsement in ECE (PreK - Grade 3) or Early Childhood Special Education with experience teaching preschool children in an early childhood setting.
Preferred Qualifications (Cover letter should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications)
- Experience as a teacher in Head Start or other comprehensive child development/family support program;
- Experience supervising early childhood classroom staff;
- Experience working with preschool children with disabilities, who are English language learners, and/or who are from diverse backgrounds.
This is a school schedule (~208 days) position, based in White Center. Salary (Band C): Approximately $38,954 - $45,294/Year. Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications and internal equity. Excellent benefits/retirement package, including 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System and Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan, and the opportunity to work in a friendly and customer-centric environment. Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, 02/18/2019. For more information to apply for this position, visit our Careers page at www.psesd.org/careers.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered. Please complete Background Disclosure Statement and attach to Fast Track online application.
PSESD strives to have a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.