- Early Warning
- Mental Health
- School Schedule
- Social Services
Puget Sound ESD seeks a Student Assistance Specialist to provide prevention and early intervention services to students in the Highline School District. The Learning Support Services place Student Assistance Specialists in schools to implement comprehensive student assistance programs that address problems associated with substance use, violence and mental health issues.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
· BA Degree in Education, Human Services, or related field (AA/AAS degree in job-related area PLUS CDPT credential may substitute for BA degree)
· CDP, CPP, ESA or Mental Health Certification (or CDPT with an AA/AAS degree)
· Experience working in a school-based program with emphasis on: violence prevention and/or early intervention, alcohol, tobacco and/or other drug prevention and early intervention, and/or mental health
· Experience with school-based student assistance programs or youth-based educational support groups
· Experience working with community-based coalitions
· Presentation experience
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System.Opens a New Window. and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered. Please complete the Background Disclosure StatementOpens a New Window. and attach to Fast Track online application.
Positions based in Burien. This is a school schedule position up to 40 hours/week for approximately 180 days/year (~1480 hours per year). Hourly pay rate range: $23.47 - $27.22. Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications and internal equity. Excellent benefits/retirement package, including 11 paid holidays, sick leave, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System and tax-sheltered annuity plan, subsidized ORCA card and the opportunity to work in a friendly and customer-centric environment.
PSESD strives to have a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by, Sunday, October 21, 2018.
PSESD strives to have a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply. Describe experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume.