Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks an Early Learning Senior Coordinator, Disabilities Consultant to provide classroom level, site level, and program level partnership and leadership to ensure that children with disabilities are included in the full range of Early Learning program services and systems. The Disabilities Consultant will work with teaching teams, family support staff, and community/district partners as well as with an internal multi-disciplinary team. The Disabilities Consultant will use their knowledge of typical and atypical development, family engagement principles, high quality inclusive practices and accommodations, special education systems (Part C and Part B of IDEA), and Head Start and ECEAP Performance Standards to provide training and consultation within our Early Learning program.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
Early Learning Program Hiring Requirements
- Portable Background Check: All Early Learning Program hires must have a cleared PSESD fingerprint background check (Washington State Patrol and FBI clearance) and a cleared Portable Background Check (PBC) before their hire date, and every three (3) years thereafter as a condition of continued employment. Applicants without a current PBC should consider completing a PBC during the application phase. Please click here for instructions, and please click here to start the process.
- Required Health Documentation to be completed within 30 days of official start date for all Early Learning staff, including:
- Completed Medical Release Form
- Tuberculosis clearance (if not included on Medical Release Form)
- MMR vaccine documentation (if not included on Medical Release Form)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), ECE Special Education, or related field
- Professional experience working with families with young children with special needs
- Comprehensive preschool or prenatal-3 experience; comprehensive experience with children birth-to-five in early learning settings
- Experience providing professional development (as adult trainer, coach, technical assistance, or professional supervisor)
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team providing consultation, strategies, or recommendations aligned with best practices, state and federal regulations, and performance standards
- Experience managing large caseloads/primary assignments (i.e., multiple school campuses, multiple school districts, county, or region wide)
- Knowledge of or experience with special education law, federal and state regulations, and federal and state early learning funded grants including Head Start and ECEAP
- Specialized knowledge of or experience with specific populations of diverse families including low-income families, English language learners, children with disabilities and/or mental health concerns.
Applicants are required to include the following attachments within the online application in order to be considered:
- Cover Letter: Clearly reflect how you meet the minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable).
- Resume: Provide complete chronological resume including all work history along with dates of employment (month and year) and job responsibilities, education, and certifications.
- Please note that salary placements for selected candidates will be based on related experience detailed in the resume provided via the application process
- Additional Documents: In some cases, additional documents may be required and will be specified in the job opening announcement/advertisement.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full-time, year 'round
Hiring Salary Range: 69,875 - 91,683 (Band H)
Full Salary Range: 69,875 - 101,200 (Band H)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support - Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications and relevant experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision through the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card, free parking, and electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Thursday, February 29, 2024. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, March 12, 2024 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the PSESD - School Jobs and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers