Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Special Services Program Manager to ensure the high-quality delivery of special education services and supportive learning environments across the PSESD region. The primary focus of the manager will be to support Early Childhood statewide projects and regional districts with technical assistance, coaching, and collaboration needed for the implementation of evidence-based and inclusive practices for early learning students with disabilities and their families.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- BA/BS degree in Education, Special Education, or related field
- Special Education Endorsement and/or ESA certificate
- Knowledge and application of special education law and requirements
- Professional experience providing Specially Designed Instruction in a variety of settings, specifically in early childhood
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to using a racial equity lens
- Experience providing or supervising special education services to preschool students with disabilities and family support
- Knowledge of instructional/behavioral strategies to support students in early childhood settings
- Experience providing professional development to adults
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours a week)
Salary: $77,252 - $96,477 (Salary Band L)
Department: Special Services - Learning, Teaching, and Family Support (LTFS)
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, April 5. Interviews (via video conferencing) are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
Tentative position start date in July 2020 (Flexible)
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers