- Customer Service
- Data Analysis
- Family and Community
- Full Time
- Monitoring and Compliance
- Special Services
Puget Sound ESD is seeking a Special Services Manager to ensure high-quality delivery of services and supportive learning environments (Early Childhood through Post-Secondary) across the PSESD region. The primary focus of the manager will be to support regional charter schools with technical assistance, collaboration, and implementation of evidence based practices for students and families being served in the charter sector. This position may also support the assistive technology needs of our districts through management of a lending library, consultation and professional development.
Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- BA/BS degree in Education, Special Education, or related field
- Experience with special education law and requirements
- Professional experience providing Special Education services including focused work in one of the following areas; post-secondary transition, assistive technology, inclusive practices, co-teaching, and/or early-childhood
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to using a racial equity lens
- Special Education Endorsement and/or ESA certificate is a plus
- Experience providing services to students with disabilities (low & high incidence) in a range of educational settings.
- Experience with assistive technology evaluation process and technical experience with a wide variety of devices and practices
- Experience providing professional development to adults
- Experience with grant management and outcome reporting
Describe experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume.
Based in Renton. Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week.
Salary: $72,134 to $90,086/year (Band K of Salary Schedule).
Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Excellent benefits and retirement package; 24 annual leave days per year, 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System, Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan, subsidized ORCA card, and the opportunity to work in a highly engaged, customer-centric environment.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered. Please complete Background Disclosure Statement and attach to Fast Track online application.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, January 27, 2019.
Tentative interview date: Tuesday, February 5, 2019