- Monitoring and Compliance
Puget Sound ESD seeks a dynamic, highly-skilled School Safety and Threat Assessment Consultant to coordinate the ongoing functioning of comprehensive school safety systems, including a student threat assessment system that offers a multi-agency team approach consisting of a school-based screening team and a community-based student threat assessment team.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- Associate’s degree or higher in job-related field (High School Diploma with increasing levels of job-related experience may substitute for Associate's degree)
- Professional experience working in schools, community organizing, program coordination or community-based programs involving youth, drug/alcohol, tobacco abuse, or other related community health prevention or counseling
- Knowledge and professional experience with school safety efforts
*Puget Sound ESD is committed to having a diverse workforce, and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.*
- Professional experience with behavioral health practices (substance abuse and/or mental health)
- Experience with community mobilization
- Experience working in a school-based program with emphasis on: violence prevention and/or early intervention, alcohol, tobacco and/or other drug prevention and early intervention, and/or mental health
Please note: applicants should include their entire chronological work history and describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Position located in: Renton, Washington.
Schedule: Full-time, year-round.
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is (Band H): $63,558 – $73,708.
Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision; Washington State Department of Retirement System with current employer contribution at over 10%; employer paid life insurance; optional life insurance options; generous and flexible paid time off (24 days of paid annual leave, 12 days of paid sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year); Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan; subsidized ORCA card; and free parking.
Position is open until filled. For best consideration, submit completed application by close date of Sunday, September 8, 2019.
Interviews are tentatively scheduled for September 18, 2019.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered. Please complete Background Disclosure Statement and attach to Fast Track online application.