Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) seeks a highly qualified Administrative Assistant / Program Specialist to provide fast-paced administrative and technical support work for the Prevention/Intervention Program within the Learning, Teaching, & Family Support Department of the PSESD.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- High School/GED Equivalency
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, desktop publishing, and Access (or other database) in a professional setting
- Work-related accounting, finance, and/or budget experience
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to using a racial equity lens
- Possess high quality verbal and written communication skills with ability to review and edit written materials for different audiences
- Professional experience with spend down budget tracking and/or contracts
- Experience event planning and support
- Experience working in a school district or governmental entity
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
While this position is based in our Renton office, due to the Governor’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy order. Flexible work schedules are available, including telework.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Hourly Range - $23.60 - $28.05(Salary - PSA Schedule, Band - IV)
Department: Learning, Teaching, & Family Support (LTFS) - Prevention / Intervention
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, November 8, 2020. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Thursday, November 19, 2020.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers