- Family and Community
Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) seeks a dynamic Program Director to lead our Prenatal-3rd Grade Campus, to provide vision, leadership, and direction to the Educare school, oversight to the Heritage Head Start centers in the Highline/White Center communities, and to partner with Highline Public Schools and key community partners in the Highline/Seattle/White Center communities. The Program Director will demonstrate strong collaborative leadership to contribute to the development of a P-3 Campus model to support policy change both regionally and nationally as part of the Educare Early Learning Network.
A successful candidate will demonstrate equity-driven leadership, an effective balance of early learning and educational leadership expertise, and a collaborative, performance-minded skill set to drive community partnerships, advocacy and sustainability. An ideal Director is a strong believer in children and families’ success, has working experience leading with partnerships in mind to support all children and families, and is highly knowledgeable in engaging staff and partners in helping children and families to achieve.
Duties will include ensuring sustainability of Seattle Educare services, leading the development of a collective impact hub that ensures school readiness outcomes for children and families that are a part of the Highline-Educare P-3 Campus Strategy, and promoting effective strategies for early learning professionals.
· Bachelor’s Degree in the field of early education or related field and experience in early childhood and/or K-6 program management
· Experience with strategic planning and outcomes development
· Experience in development and management of large, complex budgets
· Experience cultivating community partnerships, philanthropy and grant writing
· Experience supervising/leading diverse groups around common goals
· Experience with or knowledge of performance standards for Head Start
· Experience leading with a racial equity lens
· Expertise in the infant – 5-year-old field and experience with children with special needs and/or Dual Language Learners
Please note, applicants should include their chronological work history and describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application process.
Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Excellent benefits and retirement package; 24 annual leave days per year, 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System, Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan, and the opportunity to work in a highly engaged, customer-centric environment.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, June 23, 2019.
Tentative phone interview date: Friday, June 28, 2019
Tentative in person interview date: Thursday July 11, 2019