Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) and ReLife Center of Excellence School seeks a Principal to provide leadership to the instructional process and oversee assigned programs and services; provide information and serve as a resource; supervise assigned staff; coordinate school activities and address situations that arise on campus or with enrolled students.
ReLife School is a program designed to address the academic and behavioral needs of students in Grades 2-12 from King, Pierce and Thurston Counties with significant social, emotional and behavioral disabilities. The program employs a strong focus on the individual academic growth of students. Through efforts to improve students’ executive functioning, attention to detail and social interactions, Relife engages students in appropriate study skills and assignment/project completion, resulting in their movement toward increased learning experiences. Relife’s goal is to transition each student from the program to the larger world, be it their neighborhood school, a job site, or post-secondary education, with the skills and knowledge needed to navigate that world successfully.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- MA/MS degree (or higher) in job-related field
- Current Washington State Principal or Administrative Credential (or equivalent)
- Professional administrative, management and supervisory experience with special education students and/or programs, or students with mental health or behavioral health needs
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to using a racial equity lens
- Experience working with students farthest from educational justice or special education youth
- Experience working with advisory boards
- Experience with budget management
- Experience with special education compliance, laws, and regulations
- Experience with student behavior management
- Experience designing, delivering, or supervising instructional and Individualized Education Plans (IEP) services for students with disabilities
- Experience in training staff on behavior, instructional practices, 504 or other issues related to services for students with disabilities
- Possess Special Education endorsement, teaching, or administration certificate
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: ReLife School, Puyallup
Job Type: Full time (260 days/year, ~8 hours/day)
Salary: Band R $105,184 - $131,361
Department: Learning, Teaching & Family Support - Special Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, August 24, 2020. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Friday, August 28th or August 31st.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers