Puget Sound ESD seeks a dynamic, highly-skilled Prevention Coalition Coordinator to convene members and lead the prevention coalition activities and action plans in support, organization and maintenance of the Coalition for Drug-Free Youth in the White Center Community. The Prevention Coordinator partners with community members to ensure the implementation of evidence-based prevention programs designed to prevent or delay the misuse and abuse of alcohol, marijuana, tobacco, and other drugs among youth up to age 18 and young adults ages 19-25.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Associate’s degree or higher in job-related field (High School Diploma with increasing levels of job-related experience may substitute for Associate's degree)
- Certified Prevention Professional credential or ability to obtain within 24 months of starting
- Professional experience working in schools, community organizing, program coordination or community-based programs involving youth, drug/alcohol, tobacco abuse, or other related community health prevention or counseling
- Professional experience with behavioral health practices (substance abuse and/or mental health)
- High proficiency level in Microsoft Office, general computer skill, and desktop publishing
- Experience with community mobilization and/or marketing
- Spanish/English proficiency
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton and Burien
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,647 - $65,223 (Salary Band F)
Department: Learning, Teaching, Family Support - Prevention/Intervention
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, May 17th. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Friday, May 29th.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers