Puget Sound ESD seeks a Mathematics Program Manager to establish and sustain regional services in mathematics based on local needs, ensuring availability of supporting resources. The manager will also collaborate with agencies and organizations (e.g., Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), higher education, school districts, etc.) to develop and deliver professional learning opportunities for educators in instruction and instructional leadership to and provide leadership through services and resources to enhance and develop safe and supportive school and learning communities. In addition, the Mathematics Program Manager will also implement tools and resources in collaboration with OSPI and district leaders to improve systems that support mathematics teaching and learning.
While selected candidate may start right away we remain flexible for a start date this summer.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Demonstrates a commitment to leading with racial equity and understanding of anti-racism leadership.
- MA/MS Degree in Education, Mathematics, PreK or Elementary or Secondary Education, or related field (BA/BS degree in related field and progressively responsible job-related experience may substitute for MA degree)
- Current Washington State Teaching Certificate
- Professional experience in the education field, including providing professional learning and technical assistance in mathematics
- Professional experience in mathematics instruction and/or leadership
- Demonstrates an understanding of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Project-Based Learning (PBL)
- Experience working at systems-level in developing planning tools
- Experience providing professional development at varied grade levels and/or for diverse audiences/partners
- Experience facilitating P-12 partnerships
- Experience facilitating adult learning
- Experience with Blended Learning
- Experience teaching Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Project-Based Learning (PBL)
- Understanding of Mathematics application in the context of STEM education
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT: Demonstrates knowledge and expertise related to State and Federal learning standards and curriculum adaptation and implementation. Utilizes evidence-based research regarding teaching strategies to advance practices that meet the needs of all students.
PLANNING, ORGANIZATION, AND PRIORITIZATION: Assesses the work to be performed, and considers how it should be organized and accomplished, with appropriate priorities and realistic time parameters.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FACILITATION: Sharing knowledge and expertise with the goal of improving professional skills and knowledge through adult learning programs.
SYSTEMS THINKING: Sees the integral, complex relationships of interconnected systems that need to work together for the whole to function successfully. Events and actions are seen in detail and in the larger context of a pattern that unfolds over time.
ANTIRACIST LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
CULTURAL PROFICIENCY: Articulates and applies historical context of racism and understands the current reality of students and communities of color in order to support racial equity. Actively demonstrates a commitment to supporting equity and inclusion, and serves as an advocate with colleagues, partners, and communities to meet the Agency's End and goal of becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization in support of eliminating the opportunity gap.
RACIAL EQUITY ADVOCATE: Recognizes, supports, and engages in dismantling institutional racism. Partners with and is accountable to those with whom we are in a transformational relationship, including children, families, and communities of color.
RACIAL EQUITY MINDSET: Demonstrates awareness of biases, internalized racial superiority and oppression. Leads with a racial equity lens and actively uses the racial equity tool in meaningful ways.
TRANSFORMATIONAL VALUES: Contributes to valuable and positive, antiracist transformation in individuals, organizations, and social systems in an effort to actively progress across the antiracist multicultural institution continuum. Is able to foster a sense of community and shared purpose via collaboration and cooperation with others inside and outside PSESD. Embodies the principles and practices that form the Agency’s culture. Operates from an abundance mentality that recognizes opportunities, and is optimistic and realistic about the future.
Job type: Full Time
Hiring Salary Range: $82,380.00 - $108,090.00 (Salary Band L)
Full Salary Range: $82,380.00 - $119,311.00(Salary Band L)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, April 2nd. Tentative interviews are scheduled for: Screening Interviews - Monday, April 10th via phone/online conference, Interviews Monday, April 17th in-person at PSESD Renton.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in PSESD - School Jobs and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers