- Early Learning
- Family and Community
- Full Time
Puget Sound Educational School District seeks a Home Visitor to provide quality home-based child development, family support and health/nutrition services and case management for pregnant women, infants, and toddlers in an Early Head Start program serving families in Pierce County. The Home Visitor provides high quality, comprehensive support services to infants and toddlers and their families; including support to assist parents in meeting the needs of their children and enhancing parents’ role as the primary influence in their child’s education and development.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- AA Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field (Human Development, Human Services with an ECE focus, Child Development, Nursing, Special Education, Family Support, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Counseling) with coursework equivalent to the Home Visitor CDA, AND experience working with children age birth-5 and their families, or
- Home Visitor CDA (Child Development Associate) credential with experience working with children age birth-5 and their families AND progressively responsible job-related experience may be equivalent to an AA degree
**Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application. You may attach to online application.
(Cover letter should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications)
- Experience working with infants/toddlers of low-income, refugee, immigrant families, and/or families with limited English speaking abilities;
- Previous experience in Head Start/Early Head Start/ECEAP or other comprehensive child development/family support program;
- Community outreach experience;
- Experience working with pregnant women;
- Experience providing home visits, preferably with children age birth-5;
- Bilingual ability or experience working with interpreters.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered. Please complete the Background Disclosure Statement and attach to Fast Track online application.
Position located in Pierce County. Schedule: Full-time, year-round. Salary Band C: $48,821-$56,618/year. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity. Excellent benefits/retirement package, including 24 days annual leave per year, 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System, subsidized ORCA card, and the opportunity to work in a highly engaged, customer-centric environment.
PSESD strives to have a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
For best consideration, submit complete application by Monday, January 21, 2019.
For more information about this position, view the Job Description.