We invite highly qualified Teachers to join our team of educators and work in a strong collaborative partnership with the Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher. Job duties include collaborating with the Lead Teacher in designing and leading children’s learning, documenting children’s outcomes, and working with families. At Educare you will join a community of learners focused on providing high quality care and early childhood education, while working closely with families to support the growth and development of their children. Educare is a research based early learning program implementing best and most promising new practices. We hold high expectations for achieving child and family goals and offer reflective practices so that teachers reach and sustain those goals. We are part of a support system that enables personal and professional growth within an intentional culture of inclusion and diversity. We encourage you to join us in achieving a vision of excellence, innovation, creativity, and equity for the children and families we serve
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in post-secondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org.
- AA degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (AA degree in related field with 12 college credits in ECE, or AA degree in unrelated field and 19 credits in ECE may be equivalent for AA in ECE) **Attach to online application**
- Early childhood experience in an early childhood setting
- As a lead teacher in Head Start, Early Head Start, or other comprehensive child development/family support program
- Supervising early childhood classroom staff
- Working with children birth-5 with disabilities
- Working with children birth-5 who are English Language Learners; and/or
- Working with preschool children birth-5 who are from diverse backgrounds
- Must obtain Food Handler's Permit within 30 days of employment, and CPR/First Aid Certificate within 90 days of employment
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: White Center
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.12 - $25.66 (Salary PSA Band III)
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by February 5, 2020. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for February 13, 2020.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers