- Full Time
- Project Management
PSESD seeks a dynamic and accomplished leader to serve as its Executive Director for Equity in Education. The Executive Director will bring their capabilities as a strategic visionary and change leader toward the goal of eliminating opportunity gaps across the region, as well as collaborate within the organization to establish Puget Sound ESD as a model Antiracist Multicultural Organization.
A successful candidate will create an innovative and transformational vision; lead strategy development and execution; and facilitate collaboration and coordination with educational leaders, PreK-Postsecondary partners, and community groups that inspires a shared vision of ensuring that systems support all children, particularly children of color, to have access to high quality early learning education and are ready for kindergarten, college, and careers.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to cultivating and fostering a diverse workforce that mirrors that of the diverse students and families it serves and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
- BA degree in job related area with increasing levels of job-related experience
- Experience in promoting systemic change with a racial equity focus, within or in partnership with school districts
- Experience providing professional learning on cultural proficiency and/or antiracism training
- Experience supervising and leading a work team
(Cover letter and/or resume should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications)
- Experience developing and implementing plans that include research-based practices to close opportunity gaps in education
- Experience with racially and/or culturally diverse populations
- Experience in leading transformational work
- Experience analyzing data to identify research-based practices
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
Based in Renton, Washington. Schedule: Full-time, year ‘round. Salary: $146,669-$157,946 /year. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Excellent benefits and retirement package; 24 annual leave days per year, 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System, Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan, subsidized ORCA card, and the opportunity to work in a highly engaged, customer-centric environment. PSESD strives to have a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply. A brief informational interview may be available upon request, please contact email@example.com.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, March 3, 2019.