Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) seeks an Executive Director for Learning and Teaching K-Postsecondary to serve as department head and collaborate with internal staff, local school district staff/administrators, students, families and community members to implement gap closing and instructional programs; and use the Transformative Institutional Values to lead collective efforts to shift system practices and adult behavior to ensure student academic and social emotional success.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, public charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K- Postsecondary services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- Master’s Degree in job-related field (Bachelor’s Degree in job-related area and progressively responsible job-related experience may be equivalent to Master’s Degree)
- Experience leading Kindergarten-Postsecondary academic and social emotional programs
- Experience leading and supervising staff toward shared outcomes
- Experience with racially and/or culturally diverse populations
- K-Postsecondary educational systems experience
- Knowledge and experience with culturally responsive instruction
- Experience working with state and/or federal governmental entities
- Experience in promoting systemic change with a racial equity focus, within or in partnership with school districts and community partners
- Experience analyzing data to identify and implement gap closing practices
- Budget development and management experience
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application process.
Based in Renton. Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Salary: $129,921 - $143,409
Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Excellent benefits and retirement package; 24 annual leave days per year, 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System, Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan, and the opportunity to work in a highly engaged, customer-centric environment.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by extended date Sunday, July 21, 2019.
Tentative phone interview date: Thursday, July 25, 2019.
Tentative in-person interview date: Tuesday, July 30, 2019.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered. Please complete Background Disclosure Statement and attach to Fast Track online application.