- Data Analysis
- Full Time
PSESD seeks an English Language Arts (ELA) Program Manager to plan, organize, coordinate, and deliver content-area related staff development and support to schools and school districts. This position will facilitate professional learning for teachers and administrators through the dissemination of best practices, learning strategies, and school structures that improve student success through a racial equity lens. This position is also responsible for collaborating with other ESD’s and OSPI to create and sustain a coherent statewide literacy regional support system. To accelerate implementation of the instructional shifts of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), PSESD will support networks of K-12 teachers through a multi-faceted program of professional learning, technical assistance and coaching, as well as ongoing virtual professional learning support and electronic resources. Additionally, this position will work with external and internal stakeholders to provide non-fee and fee for service professional learning.
Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- Master’s Degree in Education or other related field (Bachelor’s Degree and progressively responsible job-related work experience may substitute for Master’s Degree).
- Current Washington State Teaching Certificate
- Experience in designing curriculum and professional development in literacy in a school setting
- Professional experience teaching
- Experience working with diverse groups toward common goals
- Professional experience in program assessment and project/program management
- Professional experience using Common Core Standards in English Language Arts
(Cover letter or resume should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications)
- Kindergarten – 12th grade building administrative experience
- Experience analyzing data to identify and implement gap closing practice
- Professional experience in the Kindergarten – 12th grade educational system, including experience with instructional leadership, facilitating groups and leading professional learning for adults.
- Professional experience in Elementary, Middle, High School and/or Postsecondary
Based in Renton. Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week. Salary: $75,737 to $87,832 /year. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity. Excellent benefits and retirement package; 24 annual leave days per year, 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System, Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan, subsidized ORCA card, and the opportunity to work in a highly engaged, customer-centric environment.
PSESD strives to have a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered. Please complete Background Disclosure Statement and attach to Fast Track online application.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by, Monday, November 19, 2018.