Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks an Early Learning Senior Coordinator, Disabilities Consultant to provide classroom level, site level and program level partnership and leadership to ensure that children with disabilities are included in the full range of Early Learning program services and systems. The Disabilities Consultant will work with teaching teams, family support staff, and community/district partners as well as with an internal multi-disciplinary team. The Disabilities Consultant will use their knowledge of typical and atypical development, family engagement principles, high quality inclusive practices and accommodations, and special education systems (Part C and Part B of IDEA) to provide training and consultation within our Early Learning program.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), ECE Special Education, or related field;
- Professional experience working with families with young children with special needs.
Preferred Qualifications (Cover letter should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications)
- Comprehensive preschool or prenatal-3 experience;
- Experience providing professional developing (as adult trainer, coach, technical assistance, or professional supervisor);
- Experience working on a cross disciplinary team;
- Knowledge of or experience with special education federal and state regulations;
- Specialized knowledge of or experience with specific populations of diverse families including low income families, English language learners, children with disabilities and/or mental health concerns.
This position is full time, year 'round, based in Renton. Salary (Band H): Approximately $62,312 -$72,263/year. Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications and internal equity. Excellent benefits/retirement package including 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System and Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan, and the opportunity to work in a friendly and customer-centric environment. This position is Open until filled.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered. Please complete the Background Disclosure Statement and attach to Fast Track online application.
PSESD strives to have a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
For more information about this position, view the Job Description.