- Early Learning
- Full Time
- Mental Health
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks an Early Learning Mental Health Consultant to provide leadership and partnership within early learning systems to ensure mental health and wellness supports for children and families are included in the full range of early learning program services and systems. This position will provide technical assistance to staff through knowledge of typical and atypical child development, family engagement principles, inclusive early childhood education practices and accommodations, and individual classroom and teaching strategies and interventions. This position will serve as part of an interdisciplinary team to support early childhood providers, educators, and families in meeting the needs of children and families.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools, and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
- Master’s Degree in job-related field;
- Professional experience working in programs inclusive of young (B-5) children and their families in a mental health capacity;
- WA State OSPI credential as a school counselor or social worker or psychologist, OR WA State Dept. of Health license as mental health counselor, marriage and family therapist, social worker, psychologist, psychiatrist, or psychiatric nurse.
Preferred Qualifications (Cover letter should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications)
- Comprehensive early childhood program or group therapeutic setting experience;
- Consultation experience with childhood development, family dynamics and relationship building on individual/family, provider and/or community level;
- Experience promoting positive early childhood mental health;
- Experience working with diverse and/or low-income children and families;
- Experience with inter-disciplinary teams;
- Experience providing professional development or providing clinical supervision or consultation.
Puget Sound ESD is committed to having a diverse workforce, and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
This is a full-time, year ’round position, based in Renton.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $62,312-72,263/annually (Band H).
Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications and internal equity.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by August 12, 2019.
Interviews are tentatively scheduled for August 26, 2019.
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision; Washington State Department of Retirement System with current employer contribution at over 10%; employer paid life insurance; optional life insurance options; generous and flexible paid time off (24 days of paid annual leave, 12 days of paid sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year); Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan; subsidized ORCA card; and free parking.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered. Please complete Background Disclosure Statement and attach to Fast Track online application.