Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) seeks a Desktop Technician to manage the imaging, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of user systems including desktops, laptops, tablets, network peripherals, and related devices. The Desktop Technician maintains primary responsibility for the configuration, operation, maintenance and support of desktop systems and software, provides troubleshooting and support for common ESD software applications, and assists users in identifying compatible technology purchases.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Community college and/or vocational school degree with study in job-related area (HS Diploma/GED with job related experience can substitute for this requirement)
- A+, Microsoft Desktop Technician, or similar certification
- Experience providing first-level support for workstations and VoIP phones, including PC hardware and software setup, repair and maintenance
- Experience supporting users and network devices in an enterprise environment
- Experience with mass imaging systems for computer deployment
- Experience with support and management of MacOS devices
Please note: applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Job Type: Full-time, Year 'round
Salary: $47,428-$62,229/year (Salary Band B)
Department: Agency Technology
Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity. Excellent benefits and retirement package; 24 annual leave days per year, 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays, participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System, Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan, subsidized ORCA card, and the opportunity to work in a highly engaged, customer-centric environment.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by December 18, 2019.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers
- Help Desk