Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a full time Grant Accounting Consultant to provide budgeting, monitoring, and auditing for our governmental grants, contracts, and non-grant agency programs. As a member of the Early Learning Program, the Grant Accounting Consultant will administer and monitor accounting activities, process financial information, and perform auditing to ensure accuracy and compliance with program regulations and grant requirements.
Please click here for a job description with essential functions and job-specific competencies.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
Early Learning Program Hiring Requirements
- Portable Background Check: All Early Learning Program hires must have a cleared PSESD fingerprint background check (Washington State Patrol and FBI clearance) and a cleared Portable Background Check (PBC) before their hire date, and every three (3) years thereafter as a condition of continued employment. Applicants without a current PBC should consider completing a PBC during the application phase. Please click here for instructions, and please click here to start the process.
- Required Health Documentation to be completed within 30 days of official start date for all Early Learning staff, including:
- Completed Medical Release Form
- Tuberculosis clearance (if not included on Medical Release Form)
- MMR vaccine documentation (if not included on Medical Release Form)
- Associate’s degree in job-related field, or High School diploma/GED and minimum of three (3) years of job-related experience
- Experience in accounting, financial management, or related area
- Experience working with or knowledge of Federal and State regulations
- Experience in grant accounting and/or educational agency accounting experience
- Auditing experience
- Professional experience with a large main frame accounting system
- Professional experience in governmental accounting
ANTIRACIST LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
CULTURAL PROFICIENCY: Articulates and applies historical context of racism and understands the current reality of students and communities of color in order to support racial equity. Actively demonstrates a commitment to supporting equity and inclusion, and serves as an advocate with colleagues, partners, and communities to meet the Agency's End and goal of becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization in support of eliminating the opportunity gap.
RACIAL EQUITY ADVOCATE: Recognizes, supports, and engages in dismantling institutional racism. Partners with and is accountable to those with whom we are in a transformational relationship, including children, families, and communities of color.
RACIAL EQUITY MINDSET: Demonstrates awareness of biases, internalized racial superiority and oppression. Leads with a racial equity lens and actively uses the racial equity tool in meaningful ways.
TRANSFORMATIONAL VALUES: Contributes to valuable and positive, antiracist transformation in individuals, organizations, and social systems in an effort to actively progress across the antiracist multicultural institution continuum. Is able to foster a sense of community and shared purpose via collaboration and cooperation with others inside and outside PSESD. Embodies the principles and practices that form the Agency’s culture. Operates from an abundance mentality that recognizes opportunities, and is optimistic and realistic about the future.
ACCOUNTING RULES, SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES: Understands and applies accounting systems and practices, and the accounting rules and regulations that govern the agency and its programs.
ACCURACY AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Ensures work is thoughtfully completed, accurate, and error free to the highest degree possible.
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: Possesses required functional/technical knowledge and skills to perform job responsibilities. Demonstrates active interest and ability to maintain level of knowledge and enhance and apply new functional skills.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals and make decisions.
Applicants are required to include the following attachments within the online application in order to be considered:
- Cover Letter: Clearly reflect how you meet the minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable).
- Resume: Provide complete chronological resume including all work history along with dates of employment (month and year) and job responsibilities, education, and certifications.
- Please note that salary placements for selected candidates will be based on related experience detailed in the resume provided via the application process
- Additional Documents: In some cases, additional documents may be required and will be specified in the job opening announcement/advertisement.
Location: Renton, Washington with potential for remote work completed within Washington State
Job Type: Full time, full year
Hiring Salary Range: $69,875 – $91,683 (Salary Band H)
Full Salary Range: $69,875 – $101,200 (Salary Band H)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support - Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications and relevant experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Monday December 4th. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of December 11th via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in PSESD - School Jobs and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers