- Technical Assistant
The Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Conference Center Coordinator to provide technical and AV support of our Conference Center. The candidate must be familiar with conference center equipment and AV equipment, working knowledge of personal computers and software and have exceptional customer service abilities.
The Training & Conference Center is the ideal location for meetings, seminars and special events. The main conference center features three rooms that can be combined into one larger room, seating 36 to more than 200. Tables and chairs can be configured into any arrangement. Most rooms offer natural daylight (with blackout shades), air conditioning, adjustable lighting, soundproof walls, wireless internet connectivity, and video-conferencing capabilities.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts, charter schools, and state-approved private schools in Washington. Educational Service Districts, created by the legislature, are an essential regional delivery system for early learning and K-12 services in the state. PSESD is committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education.
· AA degree in job-related field (High School Diploma/GED equivalency and progressively responsible job-related work experience may substitute for AA degree)
· Technical knowledge of audio, video and general audiovisual equipment and techniques.
Preferred Qualifications (Cover letter should specifically address any experience meeting the preferred qualifications)
• Strong multi-tasking skills and exemplary customer service skills to staff, customers and clients
• Familiarity with Conference Center Equipment and A.V. Equipment
• Facility Room Set-Up Experience
• Proactive mindset to anticipate industry trends and support changes
• Videoconference Equipment Experience
• Facility Scheduling Software Experience
• Working Knowledge of Computers and Software for Presentations
Puget Sound ESD is committed to having a diverse workforce, and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
This is a full-time, year ’round position, based in Renton.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $51,262 to $59,448 /year (Band D).
Candidate offers consider experience, qualifications and internal equity.
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, August 4, 2019.
For more information to apply for this position, visit our Careers page at https://www.psesd.org/careers.
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision; Washington State Department of Retirement System with current employer contribution at over 10%; employer paid life insurance; optional life insurance options; generous and flexible paid time off (24 days of paid annual leave, 12 days of paid sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year); Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan; subsidized ORCA card; and free parking.