Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool (PSWCT/UP) seeks a Claims Consultant to evaluate, process, and manage time-loss and medical-only workers’ compensation claims within the guidelines of Washington State industrial insurance laws and regulations, documenting activities, and conveying information regarding claims and benefits.
Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust & Unemployment Pool (WCTUP), under the administrative oversight of Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD), is a group self-insured program that provides coverage for, and management of, workplace injuries and unemployment compensation claims for 33 school districts, PSESD, and their 45,000 employees in 6 counties within the state of Washington.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Associate’s Degree in job-related field, or High School diploma/GED and progressively responsible work-related experience
- Previous experience managing Washington State workers’ compensation time-loss claims
- Currently hold or are actively pursuing Washington State-certified claims administrator designation
- Origami Claims Management System proficiency
- Experience executing claim reviews with clients
- Currently hold or are actively pursuing any claims management related designation
ANTIRACIST LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
CULTURAL PROFICIENCY: Articulates and applies historical context of racism and understands the current reality of students and communities of color in order to support racial equity. Actively demonstrates a commitment to supporting equity and inclusion, and serves as an advocate with colleagues, partners, and communities to meet the Agency's End and goal of becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization in support of eliminating the opportunity gap.
RACIAL EQUITY ADVOCATE: Recognizes, supports, and engages in dismantling institutional racism. Partners with and is accountable to those with whom we are in a transformational relationship, including children, families, and communities of color.
RACIAL EQUITY MINDSET: Demonstrates awareness of biases, internalized racial superiority and oppression. Leads with a racial equity lens and actively uses the racial equity tool in meaningful ways.
TRANSFORMATIONAL VALUES: Contributes to valuable and positive, antiracist transformation in individuals, organizations, and social systems in an effort to actively progress across the antiracist multicultural institution continuum. Is able to foster a sense of community and shared purpose via collaboration and cooperation with others inside and outside PSESD. Embodies the principles and practices that form the Agency’s culture. Operates from an abundance mentality that recognizes opportunities, and is optimistic and realistic about the future.
ACCURACY AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Ensures work is thoughtfully completed, accurate, and error free to the highest degree possible.
CLAIMS MANAGEMENT: Administers the claims process from start to finish, utilizing case management best practices, risk analysis, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
CUSTOMER FOCUS: Commits to clarifying and supporting internal and external customers’ goals and strives to meet their expectations and requirements. Consistently acts with customers in mind. Holds self accountable for providing high-quality, responsive, and personable customer service.
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: Possesses required functional/technical knowledge and skills to perform job responsibilities. Demonstrates active interest and ability to maintain level of knowledge and enhance and apply new functional skills.
Applicants are required to include the following attachments within the online application in order to be considered:
- Cover Letter: Clearly reflect how you meet the minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable).
- Resume: Provide complete chronological resume including all work history along with dates of employment (month and year) and job responsibilities, education, and certifications.
- Please note that salary placements for selected candidates will be based on related experience detailed in the resume provided via the application process.
- Additional Documents: In some cases, additional documents may be required and will be specified in the job opening announcement/advertisement.
Location: Office based in Renton with possibility of remote work (remote work to be completed within Washington State only)
Job Type: Full time, year 'round
Hiring Salary Range: $84,934 - $111,441
Full Salary Range: $84,934 - $123,010
Department: Workers' Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications and relevant experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision through the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card, free parking, and electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, February 25, 2024. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, March 12, 2024 in person at Workers’ Compensation Trust & Unemployment Pool/PSESD.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in PSESD - School Jobs and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
The Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool is a self-insured pool for workers’ compensation coverage and unemployment compensation. Learn more at https://pswctup.org/
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers
- Unemployment Pool
- Workers' Compensation
- Workers' Compensation Trust