Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks an Early Learning Mental Health Consultant to provide leadership and partnership within early learning systems to ensure mental health and wellness supports for children and families are included in the full range of early learning program services and systems. This position will provide technical assistance to staff through knowledge of typical and atypical child development, family engagement principles, inclusive early childhood education practices and accommodations, and individual classroom and teaching strategies and interventions. This position will serve as part of an interdisciplinary team to support early childhood providers, educators, and families in meeting the needs of children and families.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Master’s Degree in job-related field;
- Professional experience working in programs inclusive of young (B-5) children and their families in a mental health capacity;
- WA State OSPI credential as a school counselor or social worker or psychologist, OR WA State Dept. of Health license as mental health counselor, marriage and family therapist, social worker, psychologist, psychiatrist, or psychiatric nurse.
- Comprehensive early childhood program or group therapeutic setting experience;
- Consultation experience with childhood development, family dynamics and relationship building on individual/family, provider and/or community level;
- Experience promoting positive early childhood mental health;
- Experience working with diverse and/or low-income children and families;
- Experience with inter-disciplinary teams;
- Experience providing professional development or providing clinical supervision or consultation.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Job Type: Full time, year round
Salary: $63,558 - $73,708
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by 4/7/2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for 4/16/2021.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers