The Workers’ Compensation Trust (WCT) of Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) seeks a Nurse Case Manager to provide medical case management and return-to-work planning for workers’ compensation claims, with an emphasis on early intervention, within a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented claims organization of adjusters, attorneys, and support staff. Duties include ensuring all aspects of an injured worker’s treatment are evidence-based, medically necessary, related to compensable conditions, and in accordance with Washington State workers’ compensation rules and regulations.
WCT is a group self-insured workers’ compensation insurance program that provides coverage for and management of on-the-job injuries for 34 school districts, PSESD, and their 45,000 employees in King, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
· BSN degree and professional experience in nurse case management within a payor/insurance or occupational medicine delivery setting required (AAS degree in nursing with progressively responsible work-related experience may substitute for BSN).
· Current Washington State RN license (ability to obtain within the 6-month probationary period).
· Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS), Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Certified Case Manager (CCM), or Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) designation preferred and experience with Washington State Worker's Compensation highly desireable.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Job Type: Nurse Case Manager
Salary: $77,252 - $96,477 / year
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by August 9, 2020. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for August 21, 2020.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
The Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool is a self-insured pool for workers’ compensation coverage and unemployment compensation. Learn more at www.pswct.org
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers