Join our team of educators in a strong partnership with teachers, family support staff, and mentor teachers in a preschool classroom at the Eli Creekmore or Seola Gardens Head Start programs. These programs seek to engage a diverse population of staff, students, and families to build and maintain a collaborative and multilingual community where children feel rooted in their individual identities.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- AA Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (ECE), Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), Current WA State Teaching Certificate with Endorsement in ECE, AA Degree or higher in related field with 20 credits in ECE and 1 school year (9 months) experience in a classroom, or Teach for America experience
- Professional experience teaching in a Head Start or other comprehensive child development /family support program
- Experience working with preschool children with disabilities, who are English language learners, and/or who are from diverse backgrounds
- Experience as a lead teacher in a Head Start or other comprehensive child development/family support program
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: White Center
Job Type: Teacher Preschool
Salary: $23.94 - $29.90/hour
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by July 27, 2020. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for August 4, 2020.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers