The Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) is seeking a Network Administrator to manage and support our Windows Server network. This position works as a member of our network administration team, maintaining responsibility for the server and Active Directory environment, including complex server applications (e.g. Citrix operating environment), as well as serving as backup to our infrastructure administrator, supporting our switching, routing, and perimeter security devices.
This position may serve as a project contact/coordinator for network projects; and serves as a tier two escalation point for network, Windows server, and infrastructure support. This position also serves as the backup point of contact supporting K-20 internet connectivity for our member districts, working with site technical staff and the K-20 Network Operations Center to implement, upgrade, and troubleshoot K-20 internet connectivity. While based in our Renton main office, this position may require day travel to supported sites within our service area.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Associates and/or vocational school degree (or higher), with focus on computer networking (High School/GED and progressively responsible job-related experience may substitute for Associates or Vocational School degree)
- Experience managing/supporting Windows-based networks
- Experience managing WAN/MAN/LAN infrastructure
- Cisco / Advanced Microsoft (or equivalent) certifications in relevant areas
- Experience managing/coordinating network implementation projects
- Experience managing/supporting virtual server environments
- Experience managing IP telephone systems
- Experience supporting Citrix
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process.
Job Type: Full-time, year 'round
Salary: $66,736-$77,393 (Band I)
Department: Agency Technology
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by July 1, 2020.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers