Puget Sound Educational School District seeks an Early Learning Coach for Education to provide differentiated, equity-based coaching and training to teachers and sub-contractor staff in Head Start, Early Head Start, and/or ECEAP programs. Coaching will focus on program standards and practices, high quality interactions with children, curriculum implementation, individualized supports for children, assessment, family partnerships and classroom quality improvement. This position will serve on an interdisciplinary team to provide a child and family-centered, whole-child approach to Early Childhood Education. Use of a practice-based coaching model and the use and interpretation of data will be a regular part of practice to help build teacher/staff capacity and to inform continually improving community early learning outcomes. Provides differentiated and data-informed coaching support to teaching staff, including training and technical assistance, to facilitate continuous quality improvement of instruction and service delivery using best practices.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE), Child & Family Studies; Elementary Education; Human Development; or Curriculum & Instruction or in unrelated area and 30 ECE college credits.
- Professional experience mentoring, coaching, and/or providing technical assistance in early learning programs.
**Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application**
- Current or former Head Start and/or ECEAP parent experience implementing curriculum and individualizing instruction for diverse learners including low income and/or multilingual students, and children with disabilities and/or mental health concerns.
- Experience providing group or staff training and/or teaching adult learners.
- Head Start, Early Head Start, ECEAP, or other state-funded preschool experience.
- Experience working with children from birth to preschool-age.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Job Type: Full-time, Year 'round
Salary: 63,558-73,708 (Band H)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, June 7, 2020. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Friday, June 19, 2020.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers