Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Student Assistance Professional to provide prevention and early intervention services to students at Aki Kurose Middle School within Seattle Public Schools. The Learning Support Services department places Student Assistance Professionals in schools to implement comprehensive student assistance programs that address problems associated with substance use, violence, and mental health issues
To learn more about the Student Assistance Professional position, please click here for a detailed job description with essential functions, and skills, knowledge, and abilities.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- AA degree or higher in Social Services, Human Services, Counseling, or other related field; or a SUDP, SUDP/T, or High School Diploma/GED equivalent with increasing years of relevant job-related experience. Candidates with a High School Diploma/GED must agree to obtain a CPP within 18 months of start date with agency support.
- Experience working in a youth serving program or agency with an emphasis on prevention and early intervention of violence, alcohol, tobacco and/or other drug use, mental health, or other social or public health issues.
- Experience with school-based student assistance programs or youth-based educational support groups
- Experience working with community-based coalitions
- Presentation experience
Applicants are required to include the following attachments within the online application in order to be considered:
- Cover Letter: Clearly reflect how you meet the minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable).
- Resume: Provide complete chronological resume including all work history along with dates of employment (month and year) and job responsibilities, education, and certifications.
- Please note that salary placements for selected candidates will be based on related experience detailed in the resume provided via the application process
- Additional Documents: In some cases, additional documents may be required and will be specified in the job opening announcement/advertisement.
Location: Aki Kurose Middle School; Seattle Public Schools
Job Type: School Schedule (up to 40hrs/week for approx. 1,480 hours over 185 days)
Hiring Salary Range: $27.64 – $36.26 Hourly (Salary Band D)
Full Salary Range: $27.64 – $40.03 Hourly (Salary Band D)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Student Support Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications and relevant years of experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 12 sick days, pro-rated for school schedule staff
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by November 26.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers