Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool (PSWCT/UP) seeks an experienced Return-to-Work Manager to provide leadership in supporting, persuading, and influencing school district members to implement and sustain a best-practice return-to- work program that effectively results in appropriate and timely return-to-work for school district employees injured in the course and scope of employment. The position will collaborate with internal and external partners to develop suitable transitional and full-duty opportunities for injured school district staff that minimizes unnecessary disability duration and will document and manage claim information and activity to inform program effectiveness.
Please click here for a job description of essential functions and job-specific competencies.
Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust & Unemployment Pool (WCTUP), under the administrative oversight of Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD), is a group self-insured program that provides coverage for, and management of, workplace injuries and unemployment compensation claims for 33 school districts, PSESD, and their 45,000 employees in 6 counties within the state of Washington.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or AA degree in related field and 3+ years progressively responsible work-related experience, or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent and 6+ years progressively responsible work-related experience
- Workers’ compensation claims management or vocational services experience
- Experience coordinating and executing client stewardship activities
- Possess a valid driver’s license & evidence of insurability
- Knowledge of Washington State workers’ compensation environment
- Experience persuading and influencing adoption of claims and risk management best practices
- Prior successful experience implementing best practice return-to-work programs
- Experience in a customer-facing position with management of multiple and competing customer needs in a culturally diverse and inclusive environment
Applicants are required to include the following attachments within the online application in order to be considered:
- Cover Letter: Clearly reflect how you meet the minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable).
- Resume: Provide complete chronological resume including all work history along with dates of employment (month and year) and job responsibilities, education, and certifications.
- Please note that salary placements for selected candidates will be based on related experience detailed in the resume provided via the application process
- Additional Documents: In some cases, additional documents may be required and will be specified in the job opening announcement/advertisement.
Location: Office based in Renton with possibility of remote work (remote work to be completed within Washington State only)
Job Type: Full time, year 'round
Hiring Salary Range: $84,934 – $111,441 (Salary Band L)
Full Salary Range: $84,934 – $123,010 (Salary Band L)
Department: Workers' Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications and relevant experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by September 28. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for October 6 in person at Workers’ Compensation Trust/PSESD..
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
The Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool is a self-insured pool for workers’ compensation coverage and unemployment compensation. Learn more at https://pswctup.org/
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers
- Unemployment Pool
- Workers' Compensation
- Workers' Compensation Trust