Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a highly qualified Preschool Teacher to join our team of educators and work in strong collaborative partnership with the Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher. Job duties include collaboration with the teaching team provide a developmentally appropriate integrated curriculum that meets the needs of the classroom community. The Teacher, in partnership with the teaching team, implements diverse experiences that support global learning focusing on the child’s back experience and heritage.
At Educare, you will join a community of learners focused on providing high quality care and early childhood education, while working closely with families to support the growth and development of their children. Educare is a research-based early learning program implementing best and most promising new practices. We hold high expectations for achieving child and family goals and offer reflective practices so that teachers reach and sustain those goals. We are part of a support system that enables personal and professional growth within an intentional culture of inclusion and diversity. We encourage you to join us in achieving a vision of excellence, innovation, creativity, and equity for the children and families we serve.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
Early Learning Program Hiring Requirements
- Portable Background Check: All Early Learning Program hires must have a cleared PSESD fingerprint background check (Washington State Patrol and FBI clearance) and a cleared Portable Background Check (PBC) before their hire date, and every three (3) years thereafter as a condition of continued employment. Applicants without a current PBC should consider completing a PBC during the application phase. Please click here for instructions, and please click here to start the process.
- Required Health Documentation to be completed within 30 days of official start date for all Early Learning staff, including:
- Completed Medical Release Form
- Tuberculosis clearance (if not included on Medical Release Form)
- MMR vaccine documentation (if not included on Medical Release Form)
- AA or Higher in ECE, with experience teaching preschool-age children; OR
- Current Washington State Teaching Certificate with endorsement in ECE (PreK-grade 3) or Early Childhood Special Education; OR
- AA or higher degree in a related field with 20 credits in ECE and 9 months experience in preschool classroom
- Early childhood experience in a childcare center, child development center, or preschool program
- Early Head Start, Head Start, or other comprehensive child development/family support program experience
- Experience working with children birth to 5 who are from diverse backgrounds
Other Conditions of Employment
- Must obtain Food Handler's Permit within 30 days of employment, and CPR/First Aid Certificate within 90 days of employment.
Job Specific Competencies
- ABILITY TO CHANGE: Exhibits the ability to change and adapt. Contributes to change efforts in a creative and positive manner.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals and make decisions.
Applicants are required to include the following attachments within the online application in order to be considered:
- Cover Letter: Clearly reflect how you meet the minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable).
- Resume: Provide complete chronological resume including all work history along with dates of employment (month and year) and job responsibilities, education, and certifications.
- Please note that salary placements for selected candidates will be based on related experience detailed in the resume provided via the application process
- Additional Documents: In some cases, additional documents may be required and will be specified in the job opening announcement/advertisement.
Location: Educare Early Learning Center, Seattle (White Center)
Job Type: Full time, 40hrs/week, union represented position
Hiring Salary Range: $51,818 – $67,948 annually (PSA Salary Band III)
Full Salary Range: $51,818 – $71,433 (PSA Salary Band III)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support - Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications and relevant experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by November 14.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers