Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool (PSWCT/UP) seeks an experienced Member Services Consultant to take lead responsibility for building deep and effective relationships with new and existing school districts clients by executing initiatives that support short-term and long-term strategies around total cost of workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation risk. The position collaborates closely and effectively with internal partners to ensure services align with client needs and leads the development and communication of our value proposition to prevent and mitigate exposure, as well as plans and executes new business development initiatives.
Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust & Unemployment Pool, under the administrative oversight of Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD), is a group self-insured program that provides coverage for, and management of, workplace injuries and unemployment compensation claims for 33 school districts, PSESD, and their 45,000 employees in 6 counties within the state of Washington.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Risk Management, or related field; or an Associate’s degree in Business, Marketing, Risk Management, or related field and 3+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience; or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent and 6+ years of progressively responsible work-related experience
- Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and business clients within a risk/carrier environment and/or business setting
- Experience coordinating and executing client stewardship activities
- Possess a valid driver’s license & evidence of insurability
- Knowledge of Washington State workers’ compensation environment
- Experience persuading and influencing adoption of claims and risk management best practices
- Prior successful experience servicing customers and/or clients
- Claims and risk management experience
- Experience in a customer-facing position with management of multiple and competing customer needs in a culturally diverse and inclusive environment
Applicants are required to include the following attachments within the online application in order to be considered:
- Cover Letter: Clearly reflect how you meet the minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable).
- Resume: Provide complete chronological resume including all work history along with dates of employment (month and year) and job responsibilities, education, and certifications.
- Please note that salary placements for selected candidates will be based on related experience detailed in the resume provided via the application process
- Additional Documents: In some cases, additional documents may be required and will be specified in the job opening announcement/advertisement.
Location: Renton, Washington with potential for telework within Washington State only
Job Type: Full time, year 'round
Hiring Salary Range: $89,180 – $117,012 (Salary Band M)
Full Salary Range: $89,180 – $129,160 (Salary Band M)
Department: Workers' Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, October 15.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
The Puget Sound Workers’ Compensation Trust and Unemployment Pool is a self-insured pool for workers’ compensation coverage and unemployment compensation. Learn more at https://pswctup.org/
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers