Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Senior Coordinator to join our Early Learning team to coordinate and support our program’s work in the areas of Communications and Educational Technology. Our PSESD Early Learning Program provides ECEAP, Head Start, and Early Head Start services to approximately 5,000 children and families in King and Pierce counties. The Senior Coordinator collaborates with directors, managers, coaches, and consultants to effectively communicate and deliver a robust and comprehensive Early Learning plan. Our Early Learning services reach approximately 1,000 staff who deliver educational, family engagement, health, nutrition, safety, and mental health services and supports to children and their families. This position splits time between two areas of work. For Communications, this position collaborates with subject-matter experts to develop and regularly update a comprehensive website and program manual designed for staff to conduct their work. For Educational Technology, this position works in partnership with our staff to maintain our online Learning Management System, which includes designing and producing approximately 75 learning courses as well as working with a team to manage the overall structure of the platform.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
Early Learning Program Hiring Requirements
- Portable Background Check: All Early Learning Program hires must have a cleared PSESD fingerprint background check (Washington State Patrol and FBI clearance) and a cleared Portable Background Check (PBC) before their hire date, and every three (3) years thereafter as a condition of continued employment. Applicants without a current PBC should consider completing a PBC during the application phase. Please click here for instructions, and please click here to start the process.
- Required Health Documentation: A completed Medical Release Form is required within 14 days of official start date for all Early Learning staff.
- For all Early Learning staff, tuberculosis clearance and verification of a completed MMR vaccine are required within 14 days of official start date.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or an Associate’s Degree in a related field and increasing levels of work-related experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience writing and publishing large-scale communications.
- Minimum two years’ experience creating and administering online Learning Management Systems (i.e., Moodle, Canvas, etc.).
- Experience with audio/video software such as Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced MS Word skills (formatting, accessibility, editing, creating forms, etc.)
- Experience with creating and editing in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience with working as administrator of an online Content Management System (CMS).
- Experience with Project Management and related tools.
- Knowledge of Head Start, Early Head Start, ECEAP and/or childcare.
Applicants are required to include the following attachments within the online application in order to be considered:
- Cover Letter: Clearly reflect how you meet the minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable).
- Resume: Provide complete chronological resume including all work history along with dates of employment (month and year) and job responsibilities, education, and certifications.
- Please note that salary placements for selected candidates will be based on related experience detailed in the resume provided via the application process
- Additional Documents: In some cases, additional documents may be required and will be specified in the job opening announcement/advertisement.
Location: Office based in Renton, Washington, with some opportunity for remote work
Job Type: Full time, year ‘round
Hiring Salary Range: $71,163 – $93,372 (Salary Band I)
Full Salary Range: $71,163 – $103,065 (Salary Band I)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by May 25. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for June 2 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers