Internal Only Posting Through End of Day Wednesday, May 10
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Head Start Assistant Teacher to join our team of educators and work in a strong collaborative partnership with the Teacher and Lead Teacher. Job duties include collaborating with the Lead Teacher in designing and leading children’s learning, documenting children’s outcomes, and working with families. At Educare you will join a community of learners focused on providing high quality care and early childhood education, while working closely with families to support the growth and development of their children.
Educare is a research based early learning program implementing best and most promising new practices. We hold high expectations for achieving child and family goals and offer reflective practices so that teachers reach and sustain those goals. We are part of a support system that enables personal and professional growth within an intentional culture of inclusion and diversity. We encourage you to join us in achieving a vision of excellence, innovation, creativity, and equity for the children and families we serve.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
Early Learning Program Hiring Requirements
- Portable Background Check: All Early Learning Program hires must have a cleared PSESD fingerprint background check (Washington State Patrol and FBI clearance) and a cleared Portable Background Check (PBC) before their hire date, and every three (3) years thereafter as a condition of continued employment. Applicants without a current PBC should consider completing a PBC during the application phase. Please click here for instructions, and please click here to start the process.
- Required Health Documentation: A completed Medical Release Form is required within 14 days of official start date for all Early Learning staff.
- For all Early Learning staff, tuberculosis clearance and verification of a completed MMR vaccine are required within 14 days of official start date.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) or Early Childhood Education (ECE) certificate, or the ability to obtain a CDA or Initial Certificate within two years of date of hire
- Early childhood experience in a childcare center, child development center, or preschool program
- Head Start, Early Head Start, or other comprehensive child development/family support program experience
- Experience with diverse and/or low-income populations
- Experience working with children ages birth through five years old
- Current or previous Head Start and/or ECEAP parent
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts may be required within two weeks of hire date.
Location: Educare Early Learning Center, Seattle
Job Type: 36 hours/week, Year ‘round, Union represented position (daily schedule varies with program need)
Hiring Salary Range: $18.33 – $22.90 Hourly (PSA Salary Band Ia)
Full Salary Range: $18.33 – $25.27 (PSA Salary Band Ia)
Department: Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by May 18. In person interviews are tentatively scheduled for May 26 at Educare Early Learning Center in Seattle.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers