Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks two school schedule Technical Assistance Coordinators who will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring of activities at sites and centers providing Early Head Start, Head Start, and ECEAP services, specifically related to safety practices, operational activities and other areas as needed. This role will require a collaborative approach and the use of program data to improve service delivery and ensure compliance with program, state, and federal regulations and to support reporting requirements. This position will include telecommuting work as well as onsite monitoring.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
Early Learning Program Hiring Requirements
- Portable Background Check: All Early Learning Program hires must have a cleared PSESD fingerprint background check (Washington State Patrol and FBI clearance) and a cleared Portable Background Check (PBC) before their hire date, and every three (3) years thereafter as a condition of continued employment. Applicants without a current PBC should consider completing a PBC during the application phase. Please click here for instructions, and please click here to start the process.
- Required Health Documentation: A completed Medical Release Form is required within 14 days of official start date for all Early Learning staff.
- For all Early Learning staff, tuberculosis clearance and verification of a completed MMR vaccine are required within 14 days of official start date.
- Bachelor’s Degree Human Services or related field, or an Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field and progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Experience providing training, technical assistance, and/or support to staff who provide social services to families in an early learning setting.
- Experience with and understanding of Head Start and ECEAP Performance Standards.
- Experience monitoring in Early Head Start, Head Start, and/or ECEAP.
- Experience working with culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with Early Learning data systems (i.e., ChildPlus, ELMS)
- Experience with safety monitoring and documenting.
- Collaboration/partnership experience with internal and external partners to achieve a targeted goal.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts will be required within two weeks of hire date.
Location: Hybrid/flexible office with travel to sites across King & Pierce Counties
Job Type: School Schedule (8hrs/day, 40hrs/week September-June)
Hiring Salary Range: $29.56 – $38.78 hourly (Salary Band F)
Full Salary Range: $29.56 – $42,80 hourly (Salary Band F)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support - Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year & 12 sick days, pro-rated
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by April 20. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for April 28 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers