Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Mentor Teacher to provide instructional leadership and reflective/ administrative support to early learning teaching staff for the Educare program. The position is based in White Center and provides services to children and families in the multi-cultural communities of White Center and Burien.
At Educare you will join a community of learners focused on providing high quality care and early childhood education, while working closely with families to support the growth and development of their children. Educare is a research based early learning program implementing best and most promising new practices. We hold high expectations for achieving child and family goals and offer reflective practices so that teachers reach and sustain those goals. We are part of a support system that enables personal and professional growth within an intentional culture of inclusion and diversity. We encourage you to join us in achieving a vision of excellence, innovation, creativity, and equity for the children and families we serve.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
Early Learning Program Hiring Requirements
- Portable Background Check: All Early Learning Program hires must have a cleared PSESD fingerprint background check (Washington State Patrol and FBI clearance) and a cleared Portable Background Check (PBC) before their hire date, and every three (3) years thereafter as a condition of continued employment. Applicants without a current PBC should consider completing a PBC during the application phase. Please click here for instructions, and please click here to start the process.
- Required Health Documentation: A completed Medical Release Form is required within 14 days of official start date for all Early Learning staff.
- For all Early Learning staff, tuberculosis clearance and verification of a completed MMR vaccine are required within 14 days of official start date.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field
- A Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field and progressively responsible job-related experience may substitute for Master's Degree
- Experience providing mentoring and supervisory support to early childhood teaching staff
- Comprehensive infant/toddler or preschool experience
- Experience in delivering Professional Development content in collaboration with center leaders
- Experience mentoring/supervising early learning staff
- Experience with diverse and/or low-income populations
Other Conditions of Employment
- Must have current CPR/First Aid certification, or be able to obtain a CPR/First Aid certificate within 90 days of employment.
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts will be required within two weeks of hire date.
Location: Educare Early Learning Center – White Center/Seattle
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Hiring Salary Range: $67,774 – $88,926 (Salary Band H)
Full Salary Range: $67,774 – $98,157 (Salary Band H)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support - Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, April 17. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for April 27 via videoconference or in person at Educare.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers