Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a Manager to lead professional learning for our large Early Learning Program that provides ECEAP, Head Start, and Early Head Start services to approximately 5,000 children and families in King and Pierce Counties. This position works collaboratively with directors, managers, coaches, and consultants to create a robust and comprehensive professional learning plan that reaches approximately 1,000 staff who deliver educational, family engagement, health, nutrition, safety, and mental health services and supports to children and their families. This position collaborates with subject-matter experts to develop and update approximately 75 online learning courses and works with a team to administrator our learning management system.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
Early Learning Program Hiring Requirements
- Portable Background Check: All Early Learning Program hires must have a cleared PSESD fingerprint background check (Washington State Patrol and FBI clearance) and a cleared Portable Background Check (PBC) before their hire date, and every three (3) years thereafter as a condition of continued employment. Applicants without a current PBC should consider completing a PBC during the application phase. Please click here for instructions, and please click here to start the process.
- Required Health Documentation: A completed Medical Release Form is required within 14 days of official start date for all Early Learning staff.
- For all Early Learning staff, tuberculosis clearance and verification of a completed MMR vaccine are required within 14 days of official start date.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or an Associate’s Degree in related field and increasing levels of work-related experience
- Experience leading adults to create and implement high-quality professional learning in a variety of modalities
- Minimum of two years’ experience leading and implementing online learning as part of a learning management system, including use of video and audio software
- Knowledge of Head Start, Early Head Start, ECEAP, and/or childcare
- Experience working with Moodle and Camtasia
- Experience leading and collaborating with teams
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts will be required within two weeks of hire date.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, year ‘round
Hiring Salary Range: $78,457 – $102,943 (Salary Band K)
Full Salary Range: $78,457 – $113,629 (Salary Band K)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support - Early Learning
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by March 22. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of March 27 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers