Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a School Safety & Threat Assessment Consultant to coordinate the ongoing functioning of comprehensive school safety systems including Emergency Operations Plans (EOP) and student threat assessment system that offers a multi-agency team approach consisting of a school-based screening team and a community-based student threat assessment team.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
This position is a direct service position and in support of public health, employment with Puget Sound ESD requires staff in positions working directly with children or vulnerable adults have full COVID-19 vaccination. There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Associate’s degree or higher in job-related field, or a High School Diploma with increasing levels of job-related experience
- Professional experience working in schools, community organizing, program coordination or community-based programs involving youth
- Knowledge and professional experience with comprehensive school safety efforts
- Professional experience with behavioral health practices (substance abuse and/or mental health)
- Experience in organizational development, task management, planning, and facilitation skills
- Experience with community mobilization
- Training and/or experience in one or more school safety-related area or topic (harassment, intimidation or bullying prevention, earthquake preparedness, SROs, digital safety/cyberbullying, etc.)
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full Time, Full Year
Hiring Salary Range: $67,774 – $88,926 (Salary Band H)
Full Salary Range: $67,774 – $98,157 (Salary Band H)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Student Support Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by January 29. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of February 6 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057 | www.psesd.org/careers